• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission KAM Combat EVA Suit

Acewing13

Paradox Addict
Inactive Member
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
How does the helmet connect to any other computer? Sound waves, radio signals, light transmissions? How does it operate with the OS chosen by the Vekimen? Is it meant to work with equipment from other nationalities?

Is it meant to be unarmored (Tier 0) or is it meant to be protective against certain types of weapons? Right now, as it reads, its tier placement does not match with its purpose or its descriptors. In the history, it suggests it's light armor; in the drawbacks, it says it provides "little to no protection."

The helmet also is overprotective. Please reduce it to Tier 2.

How long do the powerplant batteries last? How are they charged? Can they be charged while the suit is worn?

"Groyne" = "groin" ?

The tail is supposedly "wrapped." Does this take a second person? What is the difference between the wrapping and the suit? Does the wrapping provide any additional protection?

This review is pending.

Edited. The helmet connects to compatible systems, i.e. Vekimen stuff, with lasers and uses radio waves to talk to people when that isn't possible, Vekimen or otherwise. I'm not sure how this fits into the OS, that's probably best handled on the OS page itself?

There was some communications problems on my part with the armor, as it was meant to be light armor. I was wondering what rule is over figuring out the various tiers of armor, so we wouldn't have this problem in the future. Similarly, I misunderstood how the suit covered the tail and that has been fixed.

Apparently, groyne is a non-american way to spell groin? Things you learn.

Thank you for looking at this Doshii.

The v3 stats still are too powerful at this point. The helmet needs to be Tier 2.

Does the communication suite also include sensors, or is "sensors" in the title just leftover copypasta? If so, please remove.

Everything else appears good and addressed.

Can you please give the reasoning for the T2 required Helmet. This is a combat suit.

There was some communications problems on my part with the armor, as it was meant to be light armor. I was wondering what rule is over figuring out the various tiers of armor, so we wouldn't have this problem in the future. Similarly, I misunderstood how the suit covered the tail and that has been fixed.

This question was not answered. Why is T3, which is for hard suits. This is going to have another submission that will look like this which will be in the tier three bracket. It's not even close to being completed, so I am not using it quite yet.

This question was not answered. Why is T3, which is for hard suits. This is going to have another submission that will look like this which will be in the tier three bracket. It's not even close to being completed, so I am not using it quite yet.
1. Because no context was offered as to why the helmet should be Heavy Anti-Personnel and the suit be Light Anti-Personnel. Lacking detail is a valid reason for asking for a lower v3 tier.

2. Because no second submission justifying the helmet of the first submission was mentioned. Even if it was, it could not be considered.

3. Because this suit is far less a Hardsuit (think Bubblegum Crisis here) and far more a type of body armor. Nothing about it suggests anything other than a kind of body armor.

4. Because no armoring material was mentioned to justify the high tier of the helmet.

So T3 is Power Armour Lite? What material do the Vekimen have available to them. Right now I am going off the impression that I don't have access to a whole lot that would abide as such and such per what metals are used in the armour listing I do not know what armour would be considered what. This is the big problem I am facing. The only materials that are used in the armour descriptions are materials that are all specific to certain factions, aside from maybe Duranium. Can we get information on what "common" materials are and how they would be considered on here?

What material do the Vekimen have available to them.
Your Komodo article says the planet has these resources: "Composition 37.5% oxygen, 31.8% iron, 13.5% titanium, 13.1% silicon, 4.1% other metals, trace other elements"

So that's a good starting point. I'd assume the 4.1% other metals include things like aluminium, zinc, lead, copper, etc. From there, you can also consider what your faction can set up trade deals to get. Maybe they can get the schematics to make standard setting alloys from Yamatai or Nepleslia instead of having to continually pay or trade for it.

Okay, if the helmet is made out of Durandium and reason was given for the body to not be armored (see the about section), would that justify a T3 rating? Also, should that information be put in other areas of the page?

It can be in one place and be fine, but yes, saying it's made out of Durandium and why it's armored while the body isn't would help quite a bit.

However, if this helmet's going to be used in other places, it would make much more sense to submit the helmet as its own submission.

If you're in no hurry, that would be best practice -- submit the helmet, then we can circle back to the suit once the two are backlinking each other on the wiki.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back