• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Kazuhiko Minari

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Kazuhiko Minari

General Information

Species: NH-17R dated YE 28. Has been killed before (YE 24, YE 28).

Family/Creators: Ketsurui Zaibatsu.

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai.
Occupation: Senator representing Taiie. Former commander, YSS Munin.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 1.65 meters (5 feet 4 inches).
Weight: 50 kilos (~110 pounds).
Bust: 80 cm (A cup)
Hips: 81 cm

Build and Skin Color: Mildly tanned skin, athletic build.
Face and Eye Color: Narrow face, brown eyes.
Hair color and Style: Dark brown, practically black, cut short to her just below her chin. Her ears are a similar color.

Distinguishing Features:
Kazuhiko rarely smiles. Her face is normally set in a frown of some sort. She has the genetic red stripe tattoo on her right side, over her face and breast.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
A commander through and through, Kazuhiko has no time for chitchat much. She is a fighter, not a lover. Most comfortable in the lead, she will bring her troops into battle with less care for them than other commanders. However, she is known for results and does not endanger her troops needlessly.

Dislikes: Personnel issues.
Goals: Continue to serve as commander of the Munin With that goal seemingly dashed, Kazuhiko is at a bit of a loss.

History

Kazuhiko began life as commander of a Ketsueki Attack Corvette in the 5th Expeditionary Fleet. She has never looked back from her days as a Seitô, rising to command an Arashi, an Irim (though she prefers the smaller, faster Sakuras) and finally to the Yuumi battleship Munin. A competent leader who prefers strategic defense to outright attack, Kazuhiko has learned one lesson in her time -- "Fight as a last resort, but prepare as if it were your first."

Death #1: Shortly after arriving on the Ketsueki, the ship was destroyed in an accident during training. A torpedo was accidentally engaged by a Nepleslian torpedoman who, for some odd reason, thought one of the weapons was "a dud" and disabled the automatic loading to investigate. She has not trusted Nepleslians since then.

Death #2: Damaged beyond repair during Yoshike's Betrayal on the YSS Ixa. She doesn't trust many Nekos either.

After the madness on the Iori, and her subsequent promotion, things took a turn for the strange. Katsuko's assassination made things that much worse. Boosted to a position she doesn't understand under a fleet admiral she can't read, Kazuhiko is left floating in the wind -- and she feels she can blame only one person for that.

However, after a chance to catch that one person evaporated, Kazuhiko's occupation changed in a startling fashion. Not that she's arguing. Now a Senator, Kazuhiko feels the change is probably good for her.

Skills

Communication: Kazuhiko is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from others through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. She is fluent in English and Japanese. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

Fighting:: Kazuhiko received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.

Technology Operation: Kazuhiko is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Kazuhiko received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

History and Law (Knowledge): Kazuhiko extensively studied the history of Yamatai and its laws. She is not a stickler with formalities, so long as any transgressions are honest mistakes. But she doesn't teach the same lesson twice.

Leadership: Kazuhiko is familiar with public speaking, but she is more inclined in the areas of allocating resources on the battlefield and judging how troops and resources should be applied.

Tennis (Physical): Kazuhiko's a pretty good tennis player.

Looks okay to me. Besides, the character is an NPC being fleshed out as a more active character. I recommend this be approved.

How come she has been on four ships in a single year? I know this may be a rather small point, but in the one year of her life she has served on four craft. That's quite a few.

You say that she's 'been killed before', but this is not mentioned in her history. I think it may be a fairly important detail.

According to the CCG Neko aren't actually female ... they're 'other'. I wonder why we put down their sex as being female.

So the red strip is on the breast right? While that is the traditional place, you didn't really make it clear ....

You don't mention the Munin in her history, even though it is her goal to continue serving on it.

The skills are also a little thin ... do you think it's possible yoiu could make them unique for you through a little bit of editing? This is a very minor point but it makes the character so much more ... significant.

For the age part, I just assumed that Kazuhiko's current NH-17R body was just 1 year old and that she had another body beforehand. As for the rest: that's up to Doshii jun to flesh out~! *yoink*

Zakalwe said:
How come she has been on four ships in a single year? I know this may be a rather small point, but in the one year of her life she has served on four craft. That's quite a few.

Fred's right -- she's been killed before, and her new body is only about one year old. Edited to show when she's died.

Edited to show that the tattoo is indeed over her right side.

Edited to be more clear where she served -- Munin instead of just the Yuumi.

Edited measurements. She's supposed to be an A.

The skills are also a little thin ... do you think it's possible yoiu could make them unique for you through a little bit of editing? This is a very minor point but it makes the character so much more ... significant.

I'm going to resist that only because it's an NPC being fleshed out. I'd rather not associate personality skills with her until she's got some playing time in. It's a bit cart-before-the-horse, but I don't have a great feel for Kazuhiko as a PC yet.

Alright, now I know I'm being annoying, but could we please have how chronologicly old she is? I, for one, would love details about how she died in her history.

Ummmm ... Okay. Gimme a minute.

Edited to show manners of death and resulting psychological outcomes. Changed date of second death to have it make more sense with her soul's age.

hmmm... I should have Tasuku transfer over to that ship considering she only seems to have Geshrins to trust now ~_^ (guess she could technically trust some Elysians, but how many Nekos [especially the older ones] like them anyway)

Anyway, I'm just joking around, I like it, approval anyone?

I was super-gluing something back together, and I'm still a little high on the fumes. So I'm no shape to approve anything right now. Sorry. :p

Jake, you can just list her "soul" age, if you want. The "body" age isn't really that important.

This character is APPROVED.

And Jake deserves a medal for consistently coming up with solid character biographies.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back