• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Ke-J1-E3000 Variable Configuration Mission Adaptive Drone

I find this one interesting. Some could note it seems like a more developed concept to what the Himiko-class Armor Assisting Drones has too.

I'm curious. Why did you create this, Nashoba? I don't doubt the viability of the item, but I wonder what use you might have had for it in your plot.

Hi Fred,

Actually I was unfamiliar with the Himiko Drones, the basic idea for this came to me while watching several JAG and NCIS reruns. Its basically take the principle of the Predator, and take it to the level of this universe. This was when I was preparing to join the YSS Genei plot and was thinking that in some ways SAINT could fulfill the equivalent role as NCIS as well as being an espionage division. And I started looking to see what kind of surveillance equipment was available.

My idea was to come up with something that had:

a) Direct military application - After all most of the tech in SAoY is based on military products. All of the modules have a direct military uses.
b) Viable use for law enforcement the modules here have potential in drug enforcement and hostage type situations.
c) Intelligence potential
d) Use for Exploration ships.

Fred said:
I find this one interesting. Some could note it seems like a more developed concept to what the Himiko-class Armor Assisting Drones has too.

Bottom line, I created it because I could see how something like this could have benefit to several plots. I have characters in two plot-ships and iff this device will ever be used in them is up to the GM's running them.

As for the YSS Aeon (my exploration ship), at present she is out exploring a planet. Since this item is not approved its not on her inventory so won't be featured. Now if it should be approved then eventually I would see Ise Katae requesting a few, some of the modules could be used for remote observation of animals and sentients on new planets.

I'm curious. Why did you create this, Nashoba? I don't doubt the viability of the item, but I wonder what use you might have had for it in your plot.

If this is the E3000 system for the Ke-J1, what is the actual Ke-J1?

All in all, I like it. It'll be used to great effect, I imagine, and outlining the systems with short-names like the military do was a very nice touch that pleasantly surprised me. My only question, really, is what is telepresence?

StarWiki, Wikipedia and my trusty Oxford 2008 Dictionary don't know and neither do I. Would you mind clarifying?

Well 14 years of being the Air Force got me use to the idea of short names.

I've added a wikipedia link for Telepresence. Bascially it means that you see what the device sees. And it moves in accordance to your actions.

OsakanOne said:
All in all, I like it. It'll be used to great effect, I imagine, and outlining the systems with short-names like the military do was a very nice touch that pleasantly surprised me. My only question, really, is what is telepresence?

StarWiki, Wikipedia and my trusty Oxford 2008 Dictionary don't know and neither do I. Would you mind clarifying?

Re: Ke-O4 Variable Configuration Mission Adaptive Drone

Updated page

RPG-D RPGfix
Back