• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Ke-T7 “Fruit Flierâ€

Toshiro

Inactive Member
(Not sure if this should be classified as a dropship or not...not sure HOW to classify this...and if it doesn't work for the entire SA, but is approvable, then Apple will have a custom unit.)

Ketsurui Fleet Yards Ke-T7

"Fruit Flierâ€

Don't you think it's a bit dangerous to use indoors, for the same reason the power armors are?

If this is meant to be used outside of the ship, then regular shuttles should suffice.

If this is meant to be used inside the ship... Yeah, this thing is gonna take someone's head off. ^_^;

The propeller mode is meant to be used indoors and on planets, and had variable speed. Also, the propellers aren't in the open air, but housed in turbines with a guard. It doesn't need to go at full speed inside the ship, of course....though it can.

(NH-12B Gran Prix!!!)

I originally was just going to have it propeller driven, but propellers don't work in space, where external repairs may need to be made to the ship.

Also, it has no more firepower than a normal-sized person, not being able to carry weapons much more powerful than standard hand-held ones like an NSP. If anything, it would be similar in use to drones like the Spider in combat and use, save it can help NH-12Bs do more maintenance and repair work.

Any specific suggestions?

Not so much a suggestion as just pointing out some terminology; a turbine is 'a rotary engine that extracts energy from a fluid flow' rather than something that provides energy or something that you can house props in. Not sure what you would call it though, apart from propellers inside a tubular cowling.

I suggest non-approval of this submission.

Not because its really bad, but rather, I really think the equivalent of a model airplane pilotable by a NH-12B with strap-on weapons would be something that stands as a person's mad hobby project more than an actual production piece by Ketsurui Fleet Yard.

Furthermore, the small nekos have some weapons of their own and are very capable of flying around at 70 miles per hour without such trappings. Then again, there is the security factor too. A ship's -IES computer would likely stop cold the activity of a sprite 'flying dangerously around'.

I have to agree with Fred.

It could always be a miniature racer. >,>

Is anyone else thinking of creating a Circus Maximus on Yamatai where NH-12's race in minature pods at high speeds? With some sort of weapon drones to make it more fun?

Lillen: *grabs a running shoe, gets a NSP 29 and tapes it on the shoe's insides. Then settles inside the shoe and grabs the NSP's handle, pulling both it and the shoe aloft* "Flying Shoe of Death!" *the shoes starts zinging around, kicking people in the head and shooting some others*

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…