• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Kennewes U

Aendri

Inactive Member
Just got this put together to help out Sigma with his work on detailing Nepleslian background stuff. It's a major university, located on Kennewes, with major militant tendencies. I'd love some help with what more information I could fill it out with, as it feels a bit bare-bones to me.

It lacks an All-Imperium Drinking Team, but I guess it doesn't need one. The FM approves of this setting element.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems rather bear.... is this intentional or do you plan on adding more details at a later date?

Like I said, it feels very bare to me, but I don't have anything else to add off of the top of my head. If you have suggestions, throw 'em on out here.

Well, here are a few suggestions I can give you that i'm using for the academy I'm designing for Yamatai:

Dormitory details
Student population numbers
Facility Information
Enrollment details
School Creed
School Crest
Academics Information
Sports
Class Details

Crest, Academics, and Sports are all up there already. Classes aren't really any different from any other college, aside from the noted specialties of the school, which are also listed.

Some of those just seem like unnecessary details for stuff that's only a background element at this point though. If there's ever any desire to roleplay there, I'd be glad to fill it out more, but as it is, faculty and dormitory stuff doesn't really need much detailing, same goes for enrollment. I'll go ahead and throw up some general population stats though.

It might be considered unnessecery but having something like a school detailed, even if it's not going to be used by the players, is still a good idea as it MIGHT at some point in time be used by a player as their background.

Much like how for a school I created for one of my stories several years back, that school was used only in 'one' story, but it's highly detailed with everything from the school basic details, to it's uniforms, right down to the dormitory and dicipline details and goes even further than that.

More information is better, but there has to be a balance between the two, too much information can be overloading wihle to less can make one wonder just why something was even added.

Just some advice

That's what I'm saying. From my understanding, this is pretty much just going to be a link in people's profiles instead of them putting "Nameless College A", so it won't really need the detail. If anyone wants to write something more in depth about the campus or the school, or even have some RP there, I'll be glad to flesh it out with the details that make that easier, but for the time being there's no point.

After all, it already has more information on it's wiki page then the planet it is housed on.

Mascot? Almost every institution uses a mascot as a rallying point. Proud to be Trojan, Bronco, Wildcat etc.

Well, definitely not going to make them the Jayhawks or Wildcats. How about the Jaguars?

What about the Shamblers? (The Kennwes Muck Shambler is a large monster of some sort that has appeared in the RP form time to time).

I just don't get a mascot feel from that name, Wes, no offense. It doesn't sound like something you'd want to look like.

Kingfishers?
Kings?
Kondors?

And how many people love being known as Banana Slugs? No one I know of, at the very least.

The Kennewes U Man-Eating Manatees?

Bit of an insider joke, but eh.

Aendri said:
And how many people love being known as Banana Slugs? No one I know of, at the very least.

Oh, you'd be surprised! According to that site, the student body voted to become or to remain the Slugs at least twice. Dig those crazy college kids, yo.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ