• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Character Kerigan Inonori

Gamerofthegame

Inactive Member
Name: Kerigan Inonori

General Information

Species: Yamataian

Family / Creators: Father: Haruka Itonori Mother: Terry Itonori Sister: Kessah Itonori

Employer: Star Army
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'3" FT.
Weight: 118 LB.
Bra Size: 36 C

Build and Skin Colour: She is of semi-average height and has a fairly smooth and light build. It would almost seem that she wasn't to athletic at all, which would be a possible truth, although there is muscle under her mask of her Spacer Pale skin.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Her face is rather small, although not really narrow, spread out all around in a fashion, giving her a more western look to herself then Japanese, a oddity in the parts about as it were. Her eyes are both dark purple at the iris. She looks amazingly like her older sister facially.
Hair Colour and Style: Her hair is, like her sister, semi-dark shade of red. It is usually kept completely flat and unkempt to her head, it naturally staying fairly flat and close to her skull, going over her ears. Her sides end at around her jawline, while the back of her hair ends just below her collar bone area. She also looks amazingly like her sister in this aspect.

Distinguishing Features: She is almost a clone of her sister, save for a increase in general size and looking only a tad bit younger. If one only saw their faces they would probably say they were seeing double.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
She is a rather half glass full person, trying her best to bring the best out of every situation for both her own mentality and for the others around her. Generally she is a rather laid back, care free person, although fully capable of becoming serious like stone in situations that demand it... Although it would be a lie to say even that this was not the case. She does try to up hold the order around her, however, but generally her nature pushes it more so to its undeniable failure. It would hurt her to say it, but she has, over time, learned how to take a loss in her life, be it violent or otherwise, friend or just a object.

Likes: Her sister, embarrassing her sister, having a good time, planets from space, alchohol (Not a Alcoholic), spicy things, getting what she wants.
Dislikes: Alchololics, people who are to serious, fish, dressing up, not being able to speak her mind, rules over guidelines.
Goals: Become a captain of a vessel, maybe a Sakura gunship, with Kessah in her crew. Get her sister before anyone else.

History

he grew up as a natural spacer, and as a Geshrin. Her mother and father both worked on various Yammy ships, stations, or the likes, although in whatever the case generally at a decent ranking and 98% of the time in space. Kerigan, naturally, followed suit after a few arguments from her parents about they having no other family for her to tend to, and that she could help them. The family itself did not actually do much in the way of any combat, so it was let go. She grew up around the various ships, and she joined the Yammy space fleet academy officially when she was 17, becoming a Yamataian one month before the end of her training when it was available and fairly required. She was cut back from her engineer training via a typo, which sent her into officer schooling. Having a natural talent for leading she stayed, eventually serving her cadet course and other two ranks on a Sakura class ship.

Skills

Communication: Kerigan is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Your character is fluent in English, and to semi-fluent state Japanese. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. This due in part to the Yammy training.

Fighting: Kerigan received hand-to-hand combat training, followed up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor, primarily the Mindy. She is surprisingly accurate in her combat, although never really likes to do it, favoring to help out in combat rather than do it. She also has training with other weapons, like the SMG and battle rifle, although to a lesser degree then anything else.

Technology Operation: Kerigan is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information. She knows how to work a computer, to say the least, and enjoys spending most of her free time, when alone, to code things and try various computer things. She as a rule also could easily rig various computer systems, be it temporary or no, to fit the necessary requirements of whatever she needs to do. She can only really do this, however, with English computers, being that she isn't entirely fluent in Japanese.

Mathematics: Kerigan has been home schooled to a fashion by her parents, learning much past the Yammy trained studying, and although she doesn't necessarily always know it on hand, its in her brain somewhere and usually comes out to play when she tries hard enough to remember what the hell your supposed to do in that problem.

Maintenance and Repair: Obviously she knows this, having learned pretty much the entire basis of it all through out of life. She generally, with maybe some assistance, can get almost anything done if she spends enough time on it, and is semi-proficient in repairing Space ships or stations or whatever have you from the outside using power suits, although she has less training it this task they anything else. She doesn't have full training from Star Army, so most of her training is from actual experience as she grew up.

Starship Operation: While she, not yet atleast, doesn't know how to actually pilot a ship through hostile environments or anything, she can do several other tasks around ships with relative ease, depending on the task in general. She has a bit of experience in most bridge systems, however only a bit, mostly just to know how to function the basis systems.

Leadership: Obviously as a captain in training she has experience in this subject, although she isn't so good at diplomacy, she IS however pretty good with moral and keeping a good spirit.

OOC Notes

Yeah, Some was copied from Kessah... <.<Imma>.>

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
First things first,

Taii?

My friend, do you have a GM's permission to make a character at such a high rank level above your Forum rank?

1. A father named Haruka? That's a much more feminine name ...

2. Rank. Yeah ... we need to see the permission from a GM.

3. If she's got muscle, and a fair amount of it, some of it should be visible, somewhere. Doesn't have to be everywhere, but some of that strength should be visible to the observant eye.

4. " more western look to herself then Japanese, a oddity in the parts about as it were." Huh? I'm just trying to understand the phrase at the end. I get she looks more European than Asian, but an oddity in what parts?

5. Why is it so amazing she's like her sister?

6. The supposed optimism she starts with seems diminished to about nothing by the end of the personality part. How does she take a loss in her life? What does she do differently than normal? Right now, it sounds as if your character is trying to cover her emotional bases.

7. Yammy ... I want to tear my eyes out every time I read it. I hope she doesn't say that. But eh, your speech.

8. History:

First, I want to give you mad props. You've got balls, and I like that. Even if this is all unintentional, you've got balls. I like that.

Now, as for the history -- I can roll with it all the way up to the typo. Just ... no. Forget it. No.

Before you get upset, defensive or generally frustrated, I should say that this isn't your fault. Officer ranks are for veteran players. It's tied to your board rank. That's not explained very well when you start out here; we just naturally assume you'll know to start at the bottom. You seemed to have known that, hence the typo bit and why I'm giving you credit for cojones. But yeah. No matter how good a role player you are, no matter how good a writer you are, you have to start at the bottom for now. Promotions can come quick here, so don't worry about it too much. But yeah. Start from the bottom.

I'd keep the rest of it. The whole natural spacer thing is a bit cliche, but eh, this character seems different enough to swing that motif. Run with it, but USE it -- play it to your advantage. The character "Leutre Veressis" is an excellent example of how to take a character's background and play it to the hilt. Might get a little annoying at times, but you stay true to it, and it can work well for you.

9. Skills:

a. Fix the "your character is fluent in English," and why semi-fluent in Japanese?

b. Remember, you won't see a Mindy too often in combat. Mostly you'll be in weaker armors, such as the Daisy.

c. I like that you qualify your tech operation, but you kind of stuck on a second thing to it with the rigging of computer systems. I'd give yourself a seperate skill for it, like some version of Hacking. You can replace Leadership, which is a good plan.

d. I definitely like the starship operation, and how it doesn't include piloting. Nice limitation there. Good show.

Overall: Your biggest rework is her rank. Rework that, the rest will flow naturally. Good stuff otherwise.

Any updates here?

Moved to Archives until you are ready to work on it again!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back