Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kinfemy Poku Kyn (Clan Lore Network)

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: Faction Network
Submission URL: hidden_sun_clan:clan_lore_network

Faction: Hidden Sun Clan
FM Approved Yet? Yes, me
Faction requires art? Not for this

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? Nope

Notes: Just defining the basic principles of the clans network.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this is the first meson-based communication system on SARP. Could you give an overview on how it works?

It is part of the standard communications gear of the HSC

From that page

The Clan uses Meson Communicators for medium-range transmissions, does not have the problem laser communications has with dissipating the LASER by dust or gases. Maximum operational range 1 light-seconds, actual range longer, it becomes more difficult to keep proper alignment.

Operation
This communications medium can be either bi-directional or uni-directional. It can only communicate with a single target. A stream of Scalar mesons is fired at a target with a unit that detects mesons. The beam is modulated by the data, which changes the particle emission rate. Bi-directional communications requires a transmitter and a receiver at both ends.

----
Meson communications are a staple of sci-fi.
Technically you fire a beam of mesons and modulate it, just like laser communicators do.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back