Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Kirin Games] - servers.kgm.net/dw-sk/022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
Connecting to servers.kgm.net/dw-sk/022...
Connecting via Port 7222
Retrieving Server Data...
Sending Client Data...
Connected!

Welcome to
servers.kgm.net/dw-sk/022, the official Kirin Games Manufacture Server (Partition 022)

It was another fine day on an official 24/7 NSS Deathwish & YSS ShiKaze server hosted by Kirin Games Manufacture directly. As such, being one of the servers under the developer's thumb and on their premises, it wasn't uncommon for one of the developers to show up and host an event or start playing against another developer during the fighting.

Today was a fine day and a round had just wound up and finished with the Red team winning. The map voting was now open, as was the next Game Mode vote.
PICK THE NEXT MAP!
1. Slummin' It - A tight, claustrophobic map modelled off of Nepleslian inner city slums, like Funky City or Wilco City. Flying armours don't have much room to fly in the cramped sub-atriums or sewers through the interior.
2. Neon Nights - An area modelled off of the cosmopolitan parts of Kyoto at night, bathed in neon lighting and light shows. All the tourists have fled and all who remain are here to kill. The streets are wide and inviting and the interiors are ready to welcome the blood to be spilt... or maybe you could have your picture taken with a hologram of Hanako.
3. Ice Field - A map optimised for wide open combat on a lightly wooded, icy field near Ralt, giving flight-handy players the freedom to dogfight in the skies, looking down on the others hiding and fighting amongst the brush. To capture the points, the flag or the Burden, you will have to get down and cold.
4. Delsauria Drift - Released in the ISC Badassery Free Pack, this models the ruined NMX Cruiser that crash landed into Delsauria, taken down by the legendary Luca Pavone. Fight in or around it for control of who gets to salvage the wreck!
5. Space Trip - Two opposing battleships float locked in a broadside while Power Armours man guns or duke it out in space, boarding the enemy ship and trying to get the objective. A huge map praised for its sheer scale.

PICK THE NEXT GAME MODE!
1. My Burden! - You have fifteen minutes, starting from when the first player picks up The Burden. The longer the player holds the burden, the more points they gain and the slower their movements become - very gradually. Whoever has the most time with the Burden by the end of the round wins.
2. One Flag CTF - Classic Capture the Flag, but there's only one flag, and it's in the middle of the map. First side to 3 captures wins. If nobody takes the flag for a minute, it returns to the middle.
3. Free For All! - The enemy of your enemy is another enemy! Kill 'em all and let Yui sort 'em out! Whoever has the most kills after 15 minutes wins!
4. Last Armour Standing - A free for all where the last man standing wins the round. Tried and true, and played to the hilt. Weapon loadouts are encouraged to make players get close rather than camping, and if players take too long to kill each other, the round goes into Sudden Death, or else nobody wins!
5. Light Assault - Light Assault pits players against Mishhuvurthyar as they kill them and receive money, they reassemble their armour and weapons from the ground up - starting from mere outer armour to a fully armoured shell capable of taking on the round's final boss.
Light Assault was the newest introduced mode, and they were test-trialling it on their servers alone before releasing it to the public.

"That was a great My Burden!, Whomp." Anomaly Detective told one of the other Kirin Developers. "Seriously. Why do I face off against the guy the wrote the code for it?" She voted for map 2, mode 5.

"Testing." Whomp replied idly as he voted for map 3, mode 5. "I need to figure out the curve for how heavy it gets."

"Maybe more players, the longer the curve."

"I was considering that, but it's too dynamic a variable."

"Average players within three minutes so it dynamically adjusts, so the curve arc becomes a variable that adjusts itself slowly."

"That... makes sense. This is why I test in fire rather than on an internal-only server - more fun. I'll try that tonight and see if it sticks."

The openness of the conversation about how to construct the game was not uncommon Kirin servers. It was their policy to be open handed about what their moves were. They were so good at it that to competing games companies they could still win even though they were showing their hands the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back