• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Kitten Counseling

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyralt

RP Date
YE 44.9
RP Location
YSS Resurgence of Yamatai
YE 44.9

Resurgence of Yamatai

Counselor's Office

Thia stood at the center of a small forest clearing, light trickling down from the small section of sky visible overhead, providing a stark contrast to the murky darkness under the canopy beyond the trees immediately around her. With a click of her jaw, the scene changed to a narrow alleyway bathed in neon glowing lights. Another click changed it to a small gap between a couple of aquariums in which scantily-clad nekos swam by playfully.

"I wonder what Kitten would prefer," Thia mused. Then something occurred to her, and she clicked her jaw again. This time the scene around her was replaced with a recreation of the bar in Ternifac where Thia had first met Delmira, bustling just as she remembered it with hardly room to move or stand except for a small table and a couple of chairs. With a nod, Thia sat down and began reading her datapad as she waited for her guest to arrive.

Delmira was dressed in her uniform she had just finished her shift on the Res. She stopped in front of the door to Thia's office before giving it a knock. For a second she wasn't sure how to introduce herself since Thia was now a superior officer. "Nito Hei Delmira Brunhilde Lulie reporting." She said playing it professional for now.

"Come in, Kitten!" Thia called. "The door's open."

Thia switched off the screen on her datapad, stood, and shouldered her way through the volumetric cloud just far enough to let her deposit it on her desk out of sight, before returning to the table. She took a moment to straighten her skirt-style uniform with the medical teal panel, before sitting down again. She brought a hand up to run her fingers through her thick head of hair and straighten any wayward strands before Del saw her again for the first time in years. At least since the mission debrief.

Delmira entered the room and looked around she was taken aback by the chosen location. "I cant say im surprised." She said and turned her attention to Thia. The neko didn't wear the usual type 31 field uniform that others with her occupation wore but wore her old uniform before her MOS changed the noticeable addition being her Giretsu pin.

When Delmira entered, Thia's face beamed with excitement and she quickly rose to her feet to greet her. Thia didn't realize anything was unusual about Del's uniform since it was the same as the other times she'd seen her. She did notice the Giretsu pin she was wearing, but if it meant anything to her, she gave no indication of it.

"How have you been?" She asked as she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Del in a hug.

Delmira purred happily and returned the hug. "It's been too long." She said and looked up at Thia. "I was surprised to see you on the Res."

"Far too long, Kitten," Thia looked down at Del with a warm smile, then gestured to their table before sitting in one of the chairs and smiling up at Del. Thia's cybernetic eye flashed for a moment, but quickly dimmed. Thia had to remember to dim the brightness on her hazel-colored cybernetic eye, otherwise she had a bad habit of making it glow ominously when she was excited.

"I'm honestly surprised I ended up in the military. I don't like violence very much. But meeting you and Cassie and the others in that bar...I think it got under my skin. I was worried y'all would be shipped off to the frontlines or the middle of nowhere with nobody to care for you," Thia said with a frown, suddenly feeling like she wasn't being very clear. "Not in the medical sense, I know the Star Army has doctors and medics. But I mean...Cassie was having a hard time and it wasn't clear anyone was there to listen to them if they wanted to talk. You know?"

Delmira will follow Thia and sit down. "I get it, me and Poppy have been talking among other things about my new found PTSD."

Thia nodded and tried to subdue her excitement to see her old friend for the moment. "Would you like to tell me more about that?"

"About Poppy or the PTSD?" She asked honestly. "Didn't Poppy give you all the files from our sessions?" The short neko leaned on the table a bit and looked at it prodding a volumetric coaster.

"I believe she did, yes, but I wanted to hear what you have to say. About whatever you want to talk about, Poppy or the PTSD. Or anything else, for that matter." Thia smiled. "I'm happy to just talk with you for now, if that's okay with you."

"Anything specific you want to know." Delmira asked and looked up at Thia.

"I guess the most important thing is, how well do you feel you're coping with the PTSD so far? Has it helped to talk with Poppy about it?" Thia adjusted herself in her chair, turning it to face away from Delimira at an angle, while she adjusted herself to sit facing Del directly, but leaning on the back of the chair with one arm. "Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not here to replace Poppy at all - if talking with her helps, keep it up. I'm just trying to figure out if there's something I can do for you at this point."

"I thought you were taking over for Poppy since you're more qualified." Delmira said to Thia before sitting up a bit. "I think I'm handling it well, I get bouts of depression from time to time. Did you read every thing or did you need me to fill in some details?"

"Not at all, I'm not some fascist dictator here to tell you how to maintain your mental health. You should see me and Poppy as resources. I have a bunch of tools I know how to use and might be useful, but probably the most useful tool of all is having someone to talk to. Like someone you can really open up to. If that's Poppy for you, then please keep talking with her. And anyone else you talk with." Thia shifted again, putting her arm over the back of the chair before laying her head on her hand while still looking at Del. "Why don't you tell me the story, Kitten?"

"Huh well ok." She said. "Well we were in a ship fighting these nanomachine things when frank got captured and taken into the vents I got out of my mindy and went in to try and find him but the Res fired on the ship and i barely managed to escape by cutting a hole in the hull." She looked away and then after a minute looked back at Thia. "I got vented into space with my suit melted to my back. Later we went to the bar but I couldn't wear anything I wanted with my back looking like a piece of bacon as Frank said it and I have been getting bouts of depression since then." The neko looked a bit sad as she spoke to Thia.

"That sounds awful, Kitten," Thia said with a frown as she sat up and reached out, touching Del's hand. She wrapped her slender fingers around Del's and gave her a soft squeeze. "If you're not comfortable, we can talk about something else."

Delmira smiled and returned the squeeze. "We can talk more but I may need cheering up later." She said.

"That can be arranged," Thia said with a wicked, lopsided smile. Her cybernetic eye glowed more brightly for a moment, before she remembered to dial it down. She laid her head against the back of the chair again and looked up at Del, keeping her hand on hers. "What's it like when you get a bout of depression?"

"I get sad and tired like one normally does." Delmira said, holding her hand. "It comes randomly but sometimes things trigger it."

"What kind of things trigger it?" Thia asked. Out of nowhere, she suddenly had an urge to dangle a ball of yarn in front of Del to see if she'd play with it, but Thia calmly set the urge aside, making a note of it to see if she could indulge herself later. "Or are you still in the process of figuring that out?"

"Sometimes it's when I mess up or when something happens that's personal but I'm mostly trying to figure it out." She said and gave a shrug to Thia. "It's usually personal stuff."

"What kind of personal stuff, if you don't mind my asking?" Thia looked curious and wanted to say more, but she held herself back. Instead, she sat up again and reached out to take Del's hand in both of hers. She rolled the little neko's hand onto its back, then held it down with one hand and used the tip of her finger to start idly doodling on Del's palm. All the while, she kept her eyes on Del, listening intently. "You can tell old Thia."

Delmir gave a bit of a giggle when Thia started to doodle on her palm. It seemed she was ticklish. "Well when i ruined my relationship with Kinie and when i gave Mochi a slice of cake before cassie got hers."

"I'm so sorry to hear about you and Black Bean," Thia tensed visibly and frowned deeply. It took her a moment to settle and relax before she resumed drawing little nothings on the inside of Del's hand. Without letting it show on her face, Thia clicked her jaw, cycling back to her memory of Delmira talking about her and Kinie. "You mentioned it at the truth or dare night. But what's this about giving Mochi a slice of cake before Cassie?"

"Oh it was her birthday and i didnt notice she didn't have her slice yet and poor Mochi was hurt from surgery." The little neko's hand flexed a bit as she was ticklish.

"I think I see," Thia nodded solemnly, as she simultaneously watched a sped-up playback of the truth or dare night, and also continued to draw on Del's hand. The squirming seemed to delight Thia more than anything else. "Cassie was upset that you'd serve Mochi first when it was Cassie's birthday. Do you and Mochi have something going? You seemed very close at the truth or dare."

"Mochi is like a father to me, unlike most Neko i don't remember any of my implanted memories. It's like 4 years ago I just woke up and knew how to do things. Me and him bonded a bit on the Kaiyo and now here." Delmira her little fingers squirming more

"That's wonderful," Thia's face lit up. "Not about your memories, but that you've found someone to be that person in your life. That's really special. I..."

Thia paused and considered before she continued what she wanted to say. "I don't want to make this about me, but I never knew my parents so I know a little about what that's like. I never really found any good role models when I was growing up, so I would've really appreciated someone like Mochi taking me under his wing. Do you ever talk to him about your depression?"

"Actually no but I figured he would have read my file about it." She said and gave a cute little tilt of her head as she thought for a moment. "And I totally understand about your parents. I, as you can tell, never had any."

"Sometimes talking is more about the act of talking than it is about informing someone of something," Thia said as she pulled Del's hand a little closer, then idly started curling one of Del's fingers inward and gently using it to doodle instead of her own finger. "I'm not saying you should immediately rush to tell Mochi everything, but if there's something you want to get off your chest, he might be a good person to help you do that."

Thia frowned slightly as she mulled over in her mind what she was about to say. Meanwhile, she continued to play with Del's finger. "About you and Black Bean," Thia started and paused, feeling her heart grow heavy. "I remember you said you ruined your relationship. But how did that happen? Last I saw the both of you, you were quite close."

"Actually, all three of us were quite close," Thia added, her lopsided smile returning as she clicked her jaw to bring up the video that Euikoshi had sent her, commemorating the experience from an outside perspective. With another click of her jaw, she brought up her own memory alongside and carefully synced up the timing. "It would've been difficult to be any closer."

Delmira looked at her hand as Thia started to play with it then back up at her. "I just assumed he knew since its on my file i mean he can look it up if he wants to." When Thia brought up Kinie Del looked sad however. "Well yes it seems there was a misunderstanding about our relationship. I asked her that since things were getting more serious between us I asked her thoughts on an open relationship with people outside of our circle but it appears we were not an open relationship like i thought."

"I see," Thia frowned, but kept playing with Del's hand as her thoughts turned to her own relationship. Maybe she could learn from Del's experience and talk with Chiasa instead of simply assuming they were on the same page. Regardless, Thia brought her mind back to the present. "Did it ruin your relationship to ask about it? It sounds like it was a misunderstanding and you were trying to clear things up."

"Well no we didn't talk and i assumed we were in a open relationship with like Euikoshi, Poppy, Cassie and Pidole and i asked how she feels about people outside of that group since well i got a few people that want to bed me." She said and sighed. "But it seems that was not the case to start with and we haven't talked since or had the time to since we are on different duty shifts."

Thia nodded solemnly. "Do you want to try and patch things up with her?" Thia asked. Without looking, she started softly dragging one of her fingernails around Del's palm and up her wrist. "Before it sounded like things were absolutely over, but now it sounds like you and her simply haven't had a chance to try and work things out."

"Possibly." Delmira said, ignoring Thia's touch for now. "I don't know, I love her but I also love everyone else, kind of like what you said at truth or dare."

"Yeah," Thia sighed, pulling one of her hands away so she could put her elbow down on the table and slump over, supporting her head with her hand. "I'm not really sure if I've ever felt romantic attraction, like the kind in the movies where you want to be with someone to the exclusion of everyone else. I love talking with people. And I love having sex with people. I wonder if I just haven't met the right person, or if I'm just not capable of that kind of love. You know?"

Thia closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again and looked somewhere between surprised and amused. "Sorry, this really wasn't meant to be about me. I hope you don't mind."

Delmira chuckled. "I have the opposite problem. Now Frank wants me to date him but I said let's wait and see what happens with me and Kinie." She prodded the coaster again. "Now I wish we had an alcoholic beverage or something. Actually feel like i'm getting depressed again."

"Sounds like you should at least talk to Kinie to clear things up one way or another. It's not fair to Frank to put him on hold and leave him hanging," Thia's face took on a stern, matronly look as she tilted her head forward and pouted her lips. At the same time, she gave Del's palm a firm poke. "I have some alcohol, but it's not really good for someone with PTSD or depression."

"I still would like to drink." she says and tilts her own head. "But yes me and Kinie need to talk before things with Frank escalate more."

"In this one way, I'm going to be a dictator," Thia said, still looking stern and matronly. "I'll let you have a little drink, but I had better see you making progress by the next time we meet. And I want you to keep drinks between our sessions to a minimum. Do you agree to my terms?"

"Yes ma'am." Delmira says, her tail swishing behind her.

"That's a good kitten," Thia said with her signature wry smile before standing and shouldering her way through the volumetric crowd in the opposite direction from the one from which Del had entered. In the back of the room, she opened her locker, which was conveniently unobstructed by the volumetrics, but quickly realized that she didn't have any glasses. Deciding that she would have to improvise to keep up her end of the deal, she grabbed her unlabeled bottle of brown Nepleslian hooch.

Returning to the table, she placed the bottle on the table but kept her hand on it. "I don't have any glasses, kitten, but I have a fun idea. If you're game, just open your mouth and close your eyes."

"Oh?" Delmira was curious but closed her eyes and opened her mouth. her ears twitched on her head as they sought out any sounds coming from Thia.

Thia uncorked the bottle and upended the bottle into her own mouth, before setting the bottle down on the table. She placed her hands on either side of Del's face and leaned down to kiss her, pushing the burning liquid from her own mouth into Del's with a flick of her tongue. "Mmm," she moaned softly.

Delmira purred feeling Thia's lips on her own and her own tongue would seek out Thia's. Her soft cheeks got warmer as the blood rushed to her cheeks. Her dexterous tail tried to seek out the other woman.

Thia's tongue played against Del's for a moment, and she felt her heart race when the neko's tail touched her, but she managed to pull herself away. "That was very unprofessional of me. Before this goes any further, I want to lay down another rule. Nothing happens in my office. This is where I'm serious Thia. If you want fun Thia, we'll have to find somewhere else to be. Deal?"

Delmira gave a soft mew when Thia pulled away but she listened with rapt attention. "We can go anywhere you want to even the hallway is fine with me." The short neko said giveing away she had a exhibitionist kink. Her tail lingered on Thia’s arm as the small neko kept purring like the kitten she was.

"The hallway seems a little boring..." Thia said, trailing off before a wicked smile tugged at one corner of her lips, revealing her pointed canine teeth in an almost aggressive display. "Actually, I have wanted to play in one of those zero-G passageways since I got here."

Thia re-corked the bottle but left it on the table as she gestured through the volumetric crowd to the door. "Up, let's go before serious Thia comes back to second guess this."

Delmira smiled and stood up to follow her. "Just remind serious Thia it's two friends getting acquainted with each other." Her tail would brush its tip just under her chin as she walked out of the office.

"She'd say that she has this thing with Chiasa now," Thia said as she led the way out of the office and into the hallway, at which point she put her hand on Del's hip and pulled her close as they walked to the zero-G passageway. "I don't know if you've met her. She's the new pharmacist. Anyway, we have a thing going. But I realize after talking with you that I don't know where we stand, exactly. I don't usually hook up with people and then stick around, so I think we need to have a conversation."

Delmira smiled. "Sounds like you are going through the opposite of what i am going through, maybe this will be one last romp before you two get serious? She did give me dirty looks when we hugged." Delmira purred softly and followed her. "I have not, im surprised shes not bunking in my room though im not sure she would be around in there long with how much sex has been going on in there."

Thia slowed down and frowned when Del mentioned the dirty looks, but stayed quiet until she finished speaking. "I think she's bunking with the rangers? I might be mistaken," Thia replied, before stopping, closing her eyes, and sighing. "She gave you dirty looks? Maybe I should talk to her before I do anything. I'm not really good at the whole...relationship thing. Would you be okay if we put this on hold for now?"

"I don't think she knew of our relationship before, and I will not force you to do anything tonight. But this might be the last either of us will get to enjoy eachothers company." Delmira said and took Thia's hand in hers. "I won't lie, I kind of wanted to get together with Chiasa but she has feelings for you."

"Does she?" Thia looked up at nothing in particular and her cybernetic eye began to flash as she scrolled through her memories of Chiasa. "You might be right. I've been hitting and quitting people for so long, maybe I've stopped trying to see if people are attached to me. But I don't want to hurt Chiasa. I don't really want to hurt anyone any more."

Thia put her hands on Del's cheeks again and leaned in to kiss her, before running her fingers through the little neko's hair. "If this was our last chance, then that sucks. But let's see how things turn out."

Delmira purred and returned the kiss. "Sounds fair. Yeah I don't want to hurt anyone so I may break up with Kinie. We have the opposite problem, i think i do best in a open relationship where i can love who i want."

Thia nodded solemnly. "That makes sense. It's too bad you and Kinie didn't work out, but sometimes that's how things go. Maybe Chiasa and I won't work out either. I'll let you know how it goes." Thia almost pulled away, but then got another wicked look and quickly reached down and pinched Del's butt. "One for the road, Kitten."

Delmira grinned at the pinch. "Who knows how it will go best of luck for the both of us eh?"

"Exactly," Thia kissed Del on the forehead and patted her butt where she'd pinched it before finally pulling away. "Alright, you get going. I'll see if I can find Chiasa and clear some things up."

Delmira nodded her head and turned to head off down the hall.

----

JP by: @ajax228 @hyralt

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back