• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Kodians] Langauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Banned Member
  • Submission Type: An update to this page
  • Submission URL: See above.
  • Faction: The Kodians
  • FM Approved Yet? No, @Wes
  • Faction requires art? Yes, though that's outside the scope of this submission.

For Reviewers:
    • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope.
    • Contains New art? Another Nope.
    • Previously Submitted? Yet another Nope.

Notes:

This submission is, for all intents and purposes, a request for permission to designate the Russian language as the official language of the Bears, in order to alleviate confusion regarding their "language" (which, while mentioned, was never - to the best of my knowledge - really elaborated on).

It's also to help simplify things for a possible future plot. ;)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think this makes sense. Why would Kodians speak Russian?

@Wes - My apologies for not making it clearer in my original post:

What I'm proposing is that the Kodian language's Real-World Equivalent be Russian - not that the Kodian language itself should be Russian.

Additionally, perhaps the Kodian language itself could be called Yazyka? (Original: языка, translation: language)

Last edited:
I don't think we should be using Earth languages for non-Earth-descended species. Also there already Russian-speaking Nepleslians in RP.

I feel it needs to be said that he very specifically said their language is NOT Russian. It is similar to Russian, purely because it's hard for people to imagine a language without some kind of real basis for it, but that was as far as he was taking the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back