• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Rejected Submission [Kodians] Langauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Banned Member
  • Submission Type: An update to this page
  • Submission URL: See above.
  • Faction: The Kodians
  • FM Approved Yet? No, @Wes
  • Faction requires art? Yes, though that's outside the scope of this submission.

For Reviewers:
    • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope.
    • Contains New art? Another Nope.
    • Previously Submitted? Yet another Nope.

Notes:

This submission is, for all intents and purposes, a request for permission to designate the Russian language as the official language of the Bears, in order to alleviate confusion regarding their "language" (which, while mentioned, was never - to the best of my knowledge - really elaborated on).

It's also to help simplify things for a possible future plot.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think this makes sense. Why would Kodians speak Russian?

@Wes - My apologies for not making it clearer in my original post:

What I'm proposing is that the Kodian language's Real-World Equivalent be Russian - not that the Kodian language itself should be Russian.

Additionally, perhaps the Kodian language itself could be called Yazyka? (Original: языка, translation: language)

Last edited:
I don't think we should be using Earth languages for non-Earth-descended species. Also there already Russian-speaking Nepleslians in RP.

I feel it needs to be said that he very specifically said their language is NOT Russian. It is similar to Russian, purely because it's hard for people to imagine a language without some kind of real basis for it, but that was as far as he was taking the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…