Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Kohana {Kohana} Deliverance into the hands of the enemy

AoK

Inactive Member
Lenwe narrowed his eyes as he walked past the secretary outside his office. She started to stand up, speaking in a high pitched, rushed voice that spoke of her unease.

"Sir, I tried to stop her. She said that she had a meeting with you scheduled, but when I looked on the calender, I couldn't fi-" That was as far as the small neko got before Lenwe held up a hand and opened the large oak door to his office.

"That will be enough. You will see that there are no interruptions, is that clear?" The ashen skinned elf looked over his shoulder, and his eyes had all the warmth of liquid helium. The office assistant slowly backed up to hide behind her desk, nodding slowly. Lenwe gave a nod of his own, and then disappeared into the darkness of his office.

The windows of the office had been opaqued, causing the background to not show the outside world, but instead a long string of figures and graphs going from floor to ceiling. on the panes. Lenwe stopped in the open space halfway to his desk and pushed a button on what looked like a car alarm remote. Instantly the figures began to fade away, the scene that played out outside returning.

"I thought I told you not to come here? That I would handle everything and get you what it was that you desired. Do you not trust me to hold up my end of the bargain, or do you just enjoy making my life hell?" Lenwe asked, clasping his hands behind his back.

The elf was dressed impeccably, as he almost always did, in a suit that had been specially created to make him look more imposing than just his wirey frame would give off. His long silver hair, which now hung nearly to the back of his thighs was braided tightly, and the end held with a diamond and sapphire inlaid cord.

Slowly, the large leather chair swivelled around, and the form of a lithe snow leopardess in a tight black skirt and blood red blouse was revealed. Reaching up to her muzzle, she slowly pulled a pair of wire rimmed glasses from their perch and laid them on the desktop. Sniffing haughtily, she shifted back in the chair and fixed Lenwe with a stare perfected by felines that conveyed both indifference, and boredom.

"Mr. Veneanar, we had a deal. You told me that you would make all the arrangements to have me on the throne of Neo-Fenyar by the winter solstice. It is now almost a month past that deadline, and while I am the leading contender for the throne, I do not find myself there yet. Also, I do believe there was another small detail in our deal, something about a code that would give me the ultimate power over the planet..." The leopard slowly leaned forward, and fixed the elf with an icy stare of her own.

"That too, has not been given. So that is why I find myself here today. It is time for you to settle your bets, Lenwe. I want those codes, and I will not be leaving without them...Unless of course, you would like to come back to my home and explain to my followers why it is that we do not rule the planet yet. Oh, but I do need to warn you, after your little shenannigan with killing the speaker to the Senate, you will find that the Fenyaro people are a little uneasy when it comes to dealing with off worlders."

Lenwe slowly closed the distance between them, leaning forward onto the marble top of his desk and coming within mere centimeters of the leopard's muzzle. "I told you that I would make you queen. I told you that I would get you the codes to PANTHEON. I told you that you would be ruling by the Winter Solstice. All of those things I will deliver on, but I had to make all of those things look like business as usual. I had to kill a high ranking figure in the Nepleslian Senate to get the process moving in the right direction to make you ruler. I had to schmooze my way past some of the tightest security in the Star Empire to get you the codes to the PANTHEON around your planet. And I have had to pay spies MUCH more than they were worth to sway your own people into thinking you were a viable candidate. You do realize that he isn't dead, right? That Gnarlpaw is very much still alive? I have heard rumors from my spies that they have located him, and that he could return at any time...What would that do for your chances? Hmmm?" Lenwe grinned and then stood up to his full height. "And get out of my chair."

Narrowing her eyes, and trying to decide whether or not to kill the budding leader of the underworld on Yamatai, the leopard slowly stood from the leather chair and moved to the windows as if it were her own idea. When she did this, Lenwe moved around and sat down at the desk, pulling a small silver key from the pocket of his vest beneath the suit's jacket. Without turning to watch his guest, he opened a drawer to his left and inserted the key into a locked portion of the drawer. Turning it, he opened the box and pulled out the contents, an envelope stuffed fat with information, and a datapad.

"Just as I said that I would, Rain, I have gotten what it is that you have asked for. Now in return, I trust that you have brought what it was that I asked for?" Lenwe asked, without turning in his chair.

The leopard slowly turned from the window, slithering herself up to the side of the large chair that Lenwe occupied. She leaned in close to his ear, breathing seductively into it.

"Of course I did, Godfather...." She laughed softly, as if mocking him with the title, though it was starting to fit more and more with the things that Lenwe was beginning to deal in, or rather, had plans to start dealing in.

Rain moved around the desk, and to the far corner of the room. She picked up a large case and moved back to the desk, setting it down on it's side. She input the codes that were requred, and spun the case around to show the contents as it opened fully.

The case was filled with vials full of differing colored liquids. Each one had a label with all the pertinant information on it. What it was supposed to do, the main ingredients, and dosing instructions. Also in the case, enclosed in the upper part of the case, in an airtight pouch, was all the medical information and test results for the concoctions.

"With this, you will be able to create your own band of Fenyaro fighter, or bodyguards, or whatever it is that you do for these people..." Rain said, but as Lenwe reached for the case, Rain snapped it shut, holding out her other paw for the pad and the folder.

Lenwe's eyes never left the case, and he held out his side of the trade. As Rain snapped up the folder with the PANTHEON codes, and the datapad that would put them in motion, she pulled a small piece of paper from her skirt pocket and slapped it down on the top of the case.

As she turned to walk out of his office, Rain spoke over her shoulder.

"You know, you really do have a wonderful base for plain taking over the underworld, Lenwe. If you need my assistance, by all means, do not hesitate to ask. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Oh, but one thing I would point out, something I have learned better than I care to admit....Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer..."

And then the spotted tail disappeared out the door, and Lenwe turned back to the windows, pressing the button on his remote again, bringing up the figures and charts of his 'business' basic funding. He thought about what Rain had just said and slowly began going over the figures to make sure they had not been tampered with. What he found, was that Rain hadn't tampered with them, but had added notes about ways to make even more money through them.

The last note he found, was of the possible gains of hiring mercenaries or pirates to raid supply ships for him, and fence the goods through a quiet, backwater planet that no one considered any threat.

What she proposed, was running goods and supplies through Fenyar, and Lenwe smiled wickedly at the thought....

RPG-D RPGfix
Back