Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Kuarl's Character portait

kuarl.jpg

Finally got it finished and scanned, just in time for my possible body switch -_-0

That art is amazing.

I'm still going to laugh about whatever the fuck is on his ass. Seriously dude, that shit's brilliant. Auron is now a pussy.

I'm serious though. That's some really great art!

PSH! Auron's sword is twice that size! And he uses one hand too! *growls and grumbles*

but yea! Great picture heh, very well drawn and I like the look on his face.

The thing on his ass is a shealth, hes supposed to be a thaxrian and apparently they use "odd swords" from the species bio so I was like "hey, to be different I'll make the sword rectangular instead of pointy at the tip!" ...Then, just as I was typing this I realized that that is exactly like the sword Sol Badguy has in Guilty Gear, and here I thought I was being creative.

Sorry, I am real bad at color... the line art is clean enough though if anyone wants to attempt go for it, just check my character bio to get all the coloration right.

I love it. ^^ I wish I could draw that well.

The fabric folds are AMAZING, and the long sideburn-hair works well somehow...

Now that I look at it again ... there's just one tiny, teeny, totally surmountable problem.

*points at dude's rank* I know he's not a Heisho already.

Nice pose.

I wonder wondering--why do the shoulderpads look like cutouts?

I saw them as inflexible pieces of paneling that fit over the shoulders because of the clothing lines...I guess I can see what you mean, Wes.

He actually drew them the very same way they are dawn in Nadesico.

I thought you idolized Nadesico Wes! ^_^

(Yes, I interpreted it as solid pieces too, not cutouts)

No, what I mean is the fabric looks reversed--the colored panels overlap the main part of the shirt and are thicker, it the blue part of the shirt is clearly thinner and overlapped in this one. There's also a bunch of buttons added.

...I remember I add a zipper on the Star Army uniform I draw even though your renditions seems to have none. To me, the button looked like a nice touch: many exotic outfit you see in fiction (especially animes) look cool... until you try to figure out how in heck they are supoposed to be put on/removed.

The Star Army jacket is kind of like the one in the Star Trek movies; it is clipped shut on the underside of the flap. The center part itself has a small zipper.
male.png

Ah, for some reason I thought that the blue section was a jacket over the white uniform top not one piece. and as for the rank pin every picture I could find of the uniforms that pin was used so I thought it was the same shape across the board. As for the buttons all I can say is that I love details the more I can cram in a piece the better, either way now that I know these little errors the next time I draw the uniform it will be correct.

The sword is oversized and impractical.

Other than that (and taking in to acount it is the staple of all anime) extremely good art.

You know I remember Yuuko's outfit in the character art gallery and that one had interesting shoulder pads. Then again I think it was a heavier duty outfit (space suit?) so I guess it needed the bigger pads. Anyways, I guess I'll add my chime to the chorus of well wishers regarding your pic. Yes it is definately very bad ass.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back