• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Laelira Modular Musculature

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Bio-Engineered Musculature
Submission URL: Laelira Modular Musculature

Faction:
FM Approval: Yes
Faction Art Requirement: No

For Reviewers:
Unapproved Sub-Articles: Yes
New Art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:
Laelira is made to be an advanced alternative to traditional musculature the same way Hemosynth and Nanomuscle are both used, however, its main difference is that it blurs the lines between living and machine. Despite being organic, its functionality is very mechanical in terms of maintenance and repair, as they may be simply swapped out.

There are a total of five unapproved sub-articles. Two are factional and shouldn't interfere with the technology itself. Meanwhile, the last three are technological, and are also up for approval.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you put in a rough date on when the L.M.M. was 'first' put into use? Manufactoring date and such.

Unless it's completely necessary, I prefer not to put down dates, even rough ones. The reason isn't laziness on my part - I want to keep a good amount of them under wraps, and one of those things that I do want to keep under wraps, is how long they've been around nearby. A date appears non-vital to me in terms of tech, but story wise, is very important. For an example; even when players start interacting with them, talking or interrogating them, who's to say they're telling the truth of when they got or did this or that? I don't want hard numbers down in the Wiki quite yet so that with them, there can be a bit of a 'game' going on between them and the players when they're not even fighting.

Was it really 10 years ago? Or a hundred? Was it five? Or less and much more recently? It's that intrigue resulting from the lack of knowledge about them, and their willingness to 'mess with' the players by deliberately using it against them that I hope will make them into something everyone will absolutely love to hate.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…