Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Lake Island (Candon/Yomeobito)

• Thread starter Thread starter Samanthia
  • Start date Start date
S

Samanthia

Errowyn hopped aboard the Ragnarok Helicopter that was parked outside the Tower she just exited after calling ahead for it to be waiting for her. She wondered about allowing a SAINT to her island with her Kawarime. But then she hated the dry dusty city of Ossman where the Uso had the planetary Capital Government located at. Even though it was a pretty city next to the ocean. It was still dusty.

After a long flight, she watched her island grow in size. It was big enough for her hanger to house her Kawarime. Several buildings. Her lodge like cabin. Barracks for the Ragnorak Troops. A nice dock sticking out into the lake that had other vegetation instead of the smothering Algea that the ocean contained. Boat house and several guest cabins.

The land was being landscaped to have trees growing along with grass down to the watersd edge, except for swimming area which had several meters wide beach. There was a trail that ran around the perimeter of the island for running and the guards to patrol on without having to stumble over unnecessary vegetation.

Errowyn looked over the area and smiled slightly as her Kawarime was fully out of sight. Even by a casual glance. She stood up and moved to the exit of the troop transport helicopter that was assigned there. When the wheels touched down and the ramp down. She strode off the Copter.

She waved bye to the Crew Chief as she exited the craft and shuffled off the landing pad. She watched it move off to the side to its assigned parking locations, leaving room for another craft or small spaceship to land.

Uso would have the Queen's slave drop her off shortly after Errowyn's arrival, the large ship switching to a slow hover so that Uso could get to the ground as fast as her rocket-assisted fall would let her.

She was just as ready to be away from the city for a while.

"WOW! This place looks way better than it did last time." Uso said, dusting herself off a bit from her landing before swinging her small bag of stuff over her shoulder, "Who are you getting to do your landscaping? Do they have associates in Osman city?"

Candon's Na-T4b Shuttle

In the bedroom of a Cargo Container Home in the cargo bay of his Na-T4b shuttle Candon finished buttoning up a loose fitting flower-print shirt to complete the island tourist look.

"Excuse me, sir."
Candon stiffened in surprise. Javier, the mimic computer tasked with flying and maintaining the ship was always so quiet he'd forget he wasn't alone. "Sir, we're approaching Lake Island, ten minutes out. I would advise bringing a weapon with you. There is a high likelihood of her using this secluded place to kill you without any witnesses."

"Is that so?" Candon responded sarcastically, "Well then you'd better be ready to run for it so there's a witness."

"I will do that if necessary," Javier answered, "it may be more practical to simply leave and return with reinforcements."

"What reinforcements, Javi?" Candon demanded rhetorically, "she is the reinforcement. I need her help to get things moving, I need every single person I can reach out to. I'm way too invested to let security concerns interfere with this meeting. Thank you for your concern, now please go land the shuttle."

"Yes, sir," Javier replied, still standing there.
"Like a normal pilot, please."
"Right away, sir," Javier confirmed as he headed for the cockpit.

Approaching Lake Island

The sleek two-toned white and black shuttle came to hover over the designated landing pad landing with its rear cargo ramp/door facing the center of the island. The door opened with a hiss as it hinged downward to serve as a ramp as. Candon emerged from the cargo bay to see what appeared to be an island resort.

Errowyn smiled at seeing Uso exit from the Queen's Slave and land. She straighten with pride at the compliment from Uso about her island décor.

"I've some of the local Farmers to help out with the landscaping. I show them what I want and let them at it. Even some of the PMC get out and help with improving the place when they are not on duty. It seams they like this duty out here. A place to relax, swim, and easy duty in patrolling the area and the farms that surround the lake."

She gave Uso a hug when she got close enough to hug. "Get changed and relax. I'm having Candon come out here." Errowyn eyes narrowed a bit wondering if she had made a mistake. She eyed her hanger that contained the Kawarime when it was parked here on the Island. It was carefully landscaped to look more like a big clump of native trees that grew near the polar region where there was more moisture, yet still grew this far south towards the Equator.

"Incoming." A tinny voice emitted from her earpiece. "From Uso-City." She turned to look in the desired direction to see the sleek black and white shuttle appear as troops moved into defensive positions, discretely.

"Stand down. Invited Guest." Errowyn murmured, knowing full well that the Rags whont stand down till this guest left the Island. Even Errowyn was grateful for their vigilance.

She watched the sleek shuttle come in for landing, unchallenged. Sipping on a cool drink from the porch of her lodge-like cabin, Errowyn watched the ramp open and Candon appeared. Behind her one of the local girls exited the house and set a tray of refreshments on a nearby table.

"And you were getting on ME for being all business all the time," Uso said, giving Errowyn a familiar squeeze around her midsection, holding her close as she turned just enough to bring Candon's shuttle into her line of sight, "I expect you to come oogle me when you're done here."

"..."

"I suppose Candon can come too..."

"..."

"If I need to sort something out with him just give me a call."

With that Uso headed off towards the lake area, slipping out of her bodysuit as she turned on her invisibility long enough to get that swim suit on...

Candon walked the distance to Errowyn's cabin not in any particular hurry.
"Nice place, I didn't take you seriously when you said 'private'."

"And you were getting on ME for being all business all the time," Uso said, giving Errowyn a familiar squeeze around her midsection, holding her close as she turned just enough to bring Candon's shuttle into her line of sight, "I expect you to come oogle me when you're done here."

".Sometimes a girl must do what she needs to do." Errowyn spoke as she gave Uso a return hug. She kept an eye on Candon as he approached in no pacticular hurry.

"I suppose Candon can come too..."

"Even if he is an enemy of my freedom at the moment. I still must find out how he stands on me being Rogue." Errowyn spoke softly with a bit of trepidation. Knowing full well she was on borrowed time till it became an issue that Yamatai Star Army couldn't ignore.

"If I need to sort something out with him just give me a call."

With that Uso headed off towards the lake area, slipping out of her bodysuit as she turned on her invisibility long enough to get that swim suit on...

Candon walked the distance to Errowyn's cabin not in any particular hurry.
"Nice place, I didn't take you seriously when you said 'private'."

Errowyn turned her attention fully onto Candon as after she watched Uso began her change into the swimsuit and he spoke. "Easier to maintain security on my fighter in being out here." She smiled accepting his compliment while motioning him to a seat on veranda that spanned the front of the lodge. "And to give us a place to unwind from dealing with the Natives."

Errowyn poured the fruit juice that had mixture of raspberry and cherry taste to it. She let a few ice cubes fall from the pitcher into the glasses for the both of them. "I suppose when you get back to Yamatiain Space. You're going to report me?" Coming to the point.

She made no effort to hide the service pistol with the security flap undone for quick and easy access at her side. She poured with her non-weapons hand to keep her dominant hand free incase she need to get to her weapon.

"I don't like making rushed decisions," Candon replied calmly as he accepted the refreshment and took a seat, "I think you already know what kind of trouble you'd be in if I reported you. Desertion warrants the death penalty. I'm not sure if you fit the title but I'd like to find out."

Leaning back he took a sip of the fruity beverage, "Oh, that's good. So what year is your piece?"
He was referring to her pistol.

"36" Errowyn responded as she shrugged. "What brings you out here? Besides the Kuvexians." She looked out at the lake to where Uso was swimming or enjoying the warm sun in the clear air free of dust of the city. She looked thoughtful as she thought about her return.

She wanted to go change out of her regular clothes into her bikini and join Uso, but business with Candon needed to be finished.

"Now that's a fair question, I could ask the same. I initially took interest in the planet, person and operation because Yamatai wanted a threat assessment on Uso. Unlike most people I don't sleep so much as I just shift brain functions to my subconscious to let my body sleep while I monitor the empire's sea of data. While attempting to track Uso I saw that she'd come to me on Yamatai Prime. From there I invited a pretty girl to dinner in a very expensive hotel and basically reported that she wasn't a threat to the empire," Candon took another swig from the glass and continued far more serious than before, "Listen, I have better things to accomplish than bring in a missing pilot and recover '5', which I feel it's reasonable to assume this '5' is the same '5' you were flying when you went missing. V8X2 32-0044 isn't a threat to Yamatai so mark my words when I say this, I don't care.

"So long as I'm out here and everyone is completely honest with me I can be of assistance. So long as I'm lied to I cannot be of assistance, in which case we both know that one of these days they will find you anyways, in which case you won't have anyone preventing the flood of bureaucracy from drowning you.

"So, what brings you out here?"

Errowyn looked thoughtful as she gave thought to what Candon said. She could respect where he was coming from. She filled a glass for herself from the pitcher and took a sip. "Yes, the craft is the one I was assigned to when I joined my first ship."

Then falling quiet to watch several Rag Mercs in full battle gear move by on their patrol through the area. She spoke again, looking at him. "I'm making my way back to Yamatai to be repatriated. But it is expensive to haul my craft from one civilized place to the next. So I've been runningas an independent contractor. Or Mercenary. I ran into Uso awhile back and became one of her pilots to conquer this dust ball of a planet and one of the primary cargo haulers."

She smiled softly which warmed up her usually neutral expression. "And kinda got stuck here." She paused again to take a sip of her drink once more turning her attention from Candon. She had secured her service weapon in the holster. She watched several Rag Techs enter what looked like a copse of trees which was actually a camouflaged hanger for '5'.

"I like it out here, and kinda got stuck here. Making good money, even if its not KC." Errowyn looked at Candon when she spoke, trying to get a read on him by his body language. "Maybe you can put out discrete feelers within the Star Army to see what my legal standings are? Since I've been declared ..." She made finger motions of quotes, "... 'dead' and all.' "

"Which ship you serve on, when you aint working independent for SAINT?" Errowyn looked at Candon in the eyes when making eye contact with him again.

Her honesty set him at ease. Candon's neck muscles visibly loosened as she secured the pistol and he reclined back into the chair, not even aware that he'd leaned forward in the seat while speaking.

"Eucharis," he answered with smile, it was no secret, "I protect Hanako-hime from attacks of both the physical and political types. The nation needs their hero to remain such, we suspect the Kuvexians will try to use that to demoralize the empire and create doubt among the people. We gotta have unity."

"I'll look into your situation, and see how I can help but I need to know where you want to be at the end of this. Best case scenario they repatriate you and you'll be right back to wearing an SAoY uniform. Or perhaps there's another way."
Candon was now leaning towards her again and kept his voice low, "there's more than one way to serve the empire. We're at war now and one day we'll be in an even worse one. I'm not a stickler to their rules, I'm playing the long game. FSCorp isn't just some money grabbing corporation, it's my personal investment towards a better future for the entire Kikyô sector. In order to maintain it while I'm away I need friends who are capable of protecting it. Now a skilled pilot in a high end fighter seems capable to me.

"What I'm saying is that if this is where you want to be I might very well be able to make that a possibility."

Errowyn was impressed at the mention of one of the most popular and sought after assignment, The Eucharis. But then there came a lot of responsibilities to serve there. She looked away to hide her expressions even though it dropped back into neutrality, but her eyes had narrowed.

~~ "Oh girl..you really bit off more than you can chew." ~~ One of her ghost sisters spoke to her leery.

~~ "Kill him while you can..." ~~ Third Ghost sister spoke as Errowyn fingers twitched holding the glass.

~~ He needs me just as I need him. For now...~~ Errowyn thought to her 'Sisters'.

~~ "Accidents do happen," ~~ Third Sister spoke again.

Errowyn leaned against the porch railing post. She smirked as she looked out over the area that she could see and Uso sunning herself near the lake on the warm sand.

"See what you can find out." Errowyn looked at Candon. "I'll give thought to your offer. While your here on my Island. Enjoy yourself. There are changing cabins near the dock if you would like to go swimming. Fishing equipment if that is your forte'. A 2 kilometer path around the island if you want to take a nature walk."

She pushed off from the post. "I'm going to change into my swimsuit. Enjoy yourself." With that she entered the lodge-like cabin, letting the screen door bang shut behind her. For now she would let things fall as may be. She could always escape into the depth of space if she had to. Combat pilots of her caliber were worth their weight in valuables out here on the Frontier.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back