Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

laptop

Kendokio

Inactive Member
Kendokio has a laptop now. This means from his room, he will be able to be on more now, though he is often busy.... ^.^ Kendokio will have a pic of his character soon. Then with alittle motivation he could be changed and active, or not, depending on what i do....

Woot. Congrats!

I don't know you well, but congrats.

I wish my lappy would work. Stupid Dell.

Re-install Windows.

It's not the fact it's a dell so much as the OS and the crap they cram with it.
Sure, Dell produce really cheap crappy hardware but it does the job and unless you move your laptop around daily (ferrying it across town, biking or heavy walking) then it should be OK unless it's defective which seems more likely.

If anyone out there can afford it, for christ's sake, get a mac.

They're solid machines (Aluminium casing and they're known neutoriously for the titanium varients which can take a bullet but the aluminium versions can be ran over with a car and still be fine), they're fast and they now run Windows too, should you need it.

I use a Dell and unfortunatly take it to school and back every day ... and in between classes ... and around the house.

It's the most mobile Laptop I know, but it doesn't give me many problems.

I really love how mobile my new Averatec 3300 is. It's the smallest, lightest notebook I've ever owned.

I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook loaned by the school.

It's probably one of the best laptops I've used. Last year we had Toshibas, they pretty much imploded after a few months of usage, especially since we had to move around a lot in school between classes.

To top it off, the 'tech guys' at my school are vegetables. They seem live by the word: "REIMAGE", which wipes the laptop and re-installs windows. Even if you got a pencil through your monitor, they'll re-image it, give you a 200 dollar (AUS) insurance job and give you a new screen which isn't even compatable, thereby making the whole thing redundant. They also seem to hate Firefox, but one time when I told them about it, they showed me something on Internet Explorer and it crashed on them. I simply said:
"I rest my case."

And that's a huge reason why I take good care of my laptop. I'd rather fix it then the vegetables at the office.

My laptop is a ten year old, 100 MHz Pentium with WIndows 95, 40 MB RAM, and a 400 MB hard drive. I'm struggling just to get a modern Internet Explorer, AIM, and YIM on it. It also only supports 800 x 600 at 256 colors.

I bought it 2 years back for 5 dollars.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back