• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Lazarus] Automatic Companion

Eistheid

Retired Member
Inactive Member
Submission Type: Companion Drone
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lazarus:automatic_companion

Faction: Lazarus Consortium
FM Approved Yet? Yes, however I'll get @OsakanOne in here to give their blessing anyway.
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: There is a link to a work in progress NPC article, however they've appeared in RP already so I'm uncertain as to whether that will be an issue, let me know. Also no art at present, this can be rectified if needed.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Where, specifically, would these be manufactured? Where would they be sold?

I'm admittedly not too clear on the status or extent of the Consortium's manufacturing capability or practices. Especially for public goods. I largely assumed that they would use third party manufacturing facilities to produce ordered goods and then ship them to the buyer upon completion.

Given that this question is intrinsic to the operation of the Consortium I'll leave that to @OsakanOne to explain since it is their company and I largely just handle the development of products rather than the core function of the Consortium.

Special order. Background check. Possible manufacturing lease following negotiations. If its for military use, you lose the lifetime guarantee and gain a manufacturing lease to replace that one you've paid for with your own materials in an AL-100 Lazarus Machine Shop as many times as you want, though you can't just make your own in huge numbers (if you're found doing so, this violates the terms of service and the contract is terminated). The maesus isn't something that can be reproduced.

The Consortium doesn't sell anything with artificial intelligence without a background check.

If Yamatai's interested in buying some, The Consortium is willing to alter their total sales policy with existing gear in their complete library stock if the order or contract is big enough, bringing them into line with Yamataian international requirements and hopefully taking their face off the dartboard.

Last edited:
I don't think my questions were answered. Where would they be manufactured? As in a physical factory location. And where would they be sold, as in physical locations of retail outlets, if any?

The parts are made at separate locations and assembled together in final - the more generic parts by common manufacturers and the less common parts in specialty labs or grown.

A lot of it on Nyli, Lor, a few Lorath systems. They're not sold at outlets: you buy them online or you arrange a meeting if you're buying them in bulk. A meeting is any agreement to meet somewhere (usually a restaurant) where people sit either side and talk prices.

I get the feeling you're asking because you need something new to put on your dartboard.

I think the Consortium would rather play ball and sell nice things to the cats than be a scratching-post.

This review is for:

Automatic Companion

The submitted article is/has …

[x] A very high level of overall quality
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[-] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[x] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[x] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not …

[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[x] Lacking Detail
[-] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has …

[-] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[-] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[x] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back