• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [Lazarus/LSDF] LA/AN063 G-Series Attenuated Aetheric powerplant

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Infos:
Submission Type: Technology
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lazarus:aura

Faction:
FM Approved Yet?: Yes (LSDF)
Faction requires art?: No, but its there anyway

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles?: Nope
Contains New art?: Yes
Previously Submitted?: Yeah like a year ago it was an indecipherable mess lol

Notes:
A bit nervous. Spent a long time getting this right. Normally I like brash submission... I don't ask this often but be kind, even if you must be honest. I've put a lot of love into this and I want to make it work.

Edit:
Why do I keep refreshing the thread? Nothing's going to happen inside like an hour...
Why am I so nervous?

References:

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In which case, Doc, since you put the ranging stuff in, could you update it based on this new information?

And Wes, I know its bothersome but when it comes to tap-range stuff, could you put it on the wiki somewhere under the Aether article so nobody else makes this mistake in future? It would help a great deal. This is super helpful info.

And Toshiro, sounds about right.

I like the idea of it as a short range thing. Is there a way it could detect incoming shots, not just generators?

Or even if its just the "Tap event" of an aetheric weapon within those same ranges?

Last edited:
Osaka, please read: Rule 4

Please stop rushing the tech process, there are other submissions in this forum. You do not need to bump as we can see your thread just fine =)

Basically don't always bump your thread just because it is not at the top, if your thread goes without any activity for awhile then you can make a post but don't just make a post that says 'bump' but rather asking if there is anything wrong with the submission or if anything needs to be changed, something along those lines. But don't bump it every day or every few days, as we can see it just fine; sometimes the process of approving tech can take awhile =)

The wiki page wasn't very clear and really confused me. I started to panic.

As far as I know, I've done everything to make sure it isn't op (╥﹏╥)

I'm not sure that specifically making it able to detect the charging for weapons fire would allow for much in the way of reactions except for meta, especially at the ranges being discussed. That combined with the fact it can be defeated by simply using capacitors to slow the energy drain on the main power source/have the weapons only need to recharge AFTER weapon discharge rather than before and I'm not really sure that it's particularly useful a concept in practice...

Even with its short ranges, its there and its staying. I made the changes you asked. Why are we debating this?

I like the idea of it as a short range thing. Is there a way it could detect incoming shots, not just generators?

Or even if its just the "Tap event" of an aetheric weapon within those same ranges?

Because you asked it in the form of a question, rather than telling me you'd already made the decision. I thought it was, as such, up for discussion and something you explicitly wanted an answer to. I was answering a question, not trying to argue/debate.

Sorry to be so thin with you. I'm feeling a bit tetchy because of irl stuff. I shouldn't take it out on you guys.

It happens to all of us. Anyway, detecting a weapon charge would depend on the enemy ship's power design and which sorts of weapons were fired. It wouldn't work in every situation because of that. That being said, you might be able to make some interesting plot or reactions with the ability if implemented as long as it was done with the enemy craft's design in mind in any given situation. If you choose to implement it, it'll have to be carefully used in practice.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…