Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Lazarus] Quantum Modem

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Device
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=la ... rsal_modem

Faction: N/A
FM Approved Yet? N/A
Faction requires art? N/A

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Figured I may as well explain the capability for Consortium-Members to 1:1 communicate, contact or take-over a construct in the field. The bandwidth limitation makes it fairer, I think: Enough on the higher end models to provide a complete sensory experience but not enough to move an AI or massive starship/planetary grade databases from point to point instantly without heavy compression (ideally taking hours or days to move that sort of thing).

Yamatai has been using this on their starships forever but this would basically mean the technology is now miniaturized enough that it would be ubiquitous. I waited to see if anyone else has any objections to this, but I see there is none. So I'm approving this with a stipulation.

Lazarus gets the tech now, but any faction with existing quantum pair tech (most factions probably) will be able to use this tech at a similar level of miniaturization starting in YE 36.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back