• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Lazarus] Quasiperiodic crystalline materials

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Material property
Submission URL: Quasiperiodic crystalline materials

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Based on a real material. From what I've read, its capable of actually doing all of this and more in excess. It won the nobel prize for chemestry last year(!).

The image used is creative commons, from Wikipedia. Is that okay?

Same structure issues as the other two articles. (Reference our Awesome Spaghetti example in your other submissions.)

Once the structure is fixed, I will review this submission.

Review in Progress, will be completed by 05:00am on 12/16. Also gives others a chance to comment and look your work over.

Well damn, I love how punctual, formal and helpful you are.

I can't tell you how good a job you're doing. Its great having you back and its fantastic to see this board roll along again.

it is ideal for use in the core structures
...of what?

It was produced by the Lazarus Consortium in YE34
Please link the company and the year. In general, proper nouns should be linked the first time they appear on the page.

The section between the "Quasicrystal applications" and "As a defensive or structural material" headers is blank and needs content.

Pending

Sorry for the delay, will be taking another look at this tonight.

No worries. I wouldn't want to rush you. You've been very brisk and helpful with my other submissions so I know you're doing your best :3

Before I even consider posting a checklist, I want to make the following notes:

• It introduces the possibility for another Zesuaium-like material into the setting. This is something we have been trying to phase out. To add yours would be to go against that.
  • If this is going to be used for frames and construction, It needs to fit into the Damage Rating System.

When tested with zesuaium shards, the wire would refuse to stretch any further and damaged the stretching equipment; an unstoppable force against an immovable object - so it would seem.

Now while saying all of that, I believe the material has promise. I think this article needs to be rewritten in a toned down manner. As it stands it is difficult for players to understand and is very overpowered. I also reviewed the real life references, I believe with work this could be usable in the setting.

I think as well you are trying to cover too many possible uses in one article.

Articles should be:
    • Easy for players to understand and apply to the roleplay setting.
    • Give simple explanations.

Pending your changes and response.

Gutted the article and split it into two additional sub-articles, as specific materials.

I'm waiting on DocTomoe for advice on damage-rating, then everything should be neatly wrapped up once that's resolved.

Mentions of zesuaium or 'super material' properties have been toned down or removed entirely and a number of design weaknesses have been added which will (hopefully) balance out the high damage absorbsion of the armour-type material - Toldedorium.

I will take a look at this again when you are completely ready let me know.

Second Review in Progress will be completed by 1/3

Need some more time on this, have a few days off to over it...will be 1/8

Yes, everything is fine. I am around just have been busy with some other business. However I am still in the process of reviewing this (as that I want to review the links you've added again.). My apologies for the delay, I am almost done with this. To be honest the science behind it is a bit..well complex and I don't want to miss something.

Have been visited by the auditor of doom at work, so haven't been able to snag my SARP time.

There's nothing to apologize for, Andrew. There are some things in life we have no control over and this is almost certainly one of those things.

I'm glad you're focused on doing the job right and taking your time, rather than rushing it. If you need me to explain anything or clarify anything, I'd be happy to.

...Oh and. Nobody likes auditors.

Getting back on this, sorry again for the delay.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…