• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Lazarus] Stasis System

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Technology/device?
Submission URL: Stasis system

Faction: Lazarus Consortium
FM Approved Yet? Yes (Luca, DocTomoe)

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? I don't think so
Previously Submitted? No?

Notes:
I'm unsure how to format this but I want to get it out as quickly as I possibly can. I've... Technically already used this on the Akahar. Its how Aiesu got on the ship in the first place. Luca was cool with it.

Once its down, I'd like to write it up as a pod or device or something, but again. Don't know what format to write it in.

Stasis has been used in the setting for a long time now but has never had an article until now. So I get a sense of progress being made.

Why the side effects, though?

To explain an IC event. This isn't being frozen, this is a pocket universe... Plus I thought it was overpowered, hence the weakness.

As great as Lazarus' grip of combat CDD style stuff is, they're not sufficiently advanced enough to completely solve all of the issues involved and won't be until further research is done.

I could rule that as a malfunction of the equipment instead of something all of them have, if that's alright.

Also, to squeeze in here...

Your article needs to be Wikified ...It is lonely without all those linked words and concepts.

Lonely is bad... I've given them some friends but I'm not sure if its enough. What do you think?

I think we need some reference to the year ( keep in mind the YE also can be linked in and wikified) the product was made and some standard nomenclature information and then I will take a closer look at it.

In general, the wiki articles should have the general statement (1-2 sentences at the top), followed by an About the _________ section where the main paragraph of the introduction and history goes.

Also it is good in the About the ________ section to have something like:

General Statistics
Type:
Designers:
Nomenclature:
Manufacturer:
Production:
Fielded By:

A Funny little example: (More to show structure, the text is nonsense)

Code:
====== The Awesome Spaghetti Maker ======

The Awesome Spaghetti Maker 2000 is a pasta making machine made by [[:Hoopla Kitchen Appliances]] in [[:ye 99]].

=====About the Awesome Spaghetti Maker=====

The Awesome Spaghetti Maker 2000 is revolutionary device that turns sawdust and field mice into delicious spaghetti by grinding them up using the enhanced carbon tooth grinder module developed by [[:Hoopla Kitchen Appliances]].  The design was first conceived by [[:character:hannibal_the_meatball]] after he discovered that he could include the menace field mice that were eating his garden veggies into spaghetti.

====General Statistics====

Type: Pasta Maker
Designers: [[:Hoopla Kitchen Appliances]], [[:character:hannibal_the_meatball]] 
Nomenclature: ___________
Manufacturer: [[:Hoopla Kitchen Appliances]]
Production: Mass Production
Fielded By: [[:Hoopla Kitchen Appliance Stores]]]

=====Components and Functions=====

Etc...Etc.... Main Body of Article. 
=====OOC Notes=====

This page was made by a bunch of Mibbits .

Review in Progress...Will finish by 3:00am EST 12/14

I will look it over again when I am at work.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…