• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [Lazarus]: Transmogrifier - a way of mixing characters together

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Plot Device (exclusively)
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lazarus:transmogrifier

Faction:
FM Approved Yet?: N/A
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Two things go in. One thing comes out. Its an idea a lot of people have wanted to try in RP for years. Its exclusively a plot tool, meaning it isn't a weapon or anything like that and anything made as a result of this is going to be purely for plot use.

In all seriousness, it's going to be hugely fun putting characters together and seeing what the mixtures result in. We've already debated at least 12 combinations that would be fun. One of the combinations we joked about produces a pair of creepy twins by using Seiren and Aiesu as input. Another using Tamamo and Luca resulted in a blue male Nekovalkyjra with sideburns made of fur. Helen and Rebeka produced what we joked as being the female equivalent of Big Boss meets Tony Montana with mental illness. Plugging Hanako into the equation with Aiesu resulted in someone who let their weeb flag fly a bit too high who was bubbly, overly friendly and self-obsessed.

Its mainly meant to be whimsical but its also going to be driving a central theme of stuff that's coming up.

And yes, if you fancy feeding your own characters into the machine for shits and giggles, that's totally fine. It can be both temporary or permanent depending on how its used.

Image unrelated. I just really like Seiren and Rebeka. They're a good team. I guess it makes sense, given that processed crystallized sugars have an effect similar to cocaine on a Sourcian and he professionally produces candy. He gib sugar. She giv stronk. Without it though, the withdrawal is horrific. Mixing the two could be really fun.

So many euphemisms in Willy Wonka...

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, its going to be used in a few plots shortly after it is.

I just wanted the go-ahead I guess.

The device would later be tested with the crew of the akahar post-humorously.
If this is a typo, then we died and became science projects (!)... or if it isn't, we sure have one hell of a laugh ahead of us from Merril.

Yeah, we're... Sort of leading into that. Don't tell anyone, okay?

If we survive, I'll change it. If we don't, I won't.

Its still very very much up in the air whether we actually do or not.

Just a note, but that would be "post-humously". Your word implies humor, not death.
Maybe "posthumously" as one word would work better, I agree.

If it were posthumorously, then we'd be in strife.

Well, for one thing your article makes assumptions that are not true. There is only one Faction with functional Teleportation. That is Yamatai. It is a military technology and extremely guarded. Used to allow Power Armors to teleport. But it doesn't really break an object down, it works more by taking everything in the affected area and moving it en mass into the destination area.

The only other form is the Transuniversal Teleportation Drive

Let me know when this gets an update. Taking a second look at it, my initial position remains the same: this is OK for approval, but honestly feels like a GM device.

Please do. Its going to be really fun to use. If anyone wants a go, let me know, okay?

This submission is approved for GM usage only. It is a plot device that requires a GM's approval for a player to use.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…