Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Lego MOC: ISS Fighting Geisha

1153891344174.jpg

About the ship (with many pics): https://stararmy.com/lego/moc/geisha/geisha.html

Zakalwe said:
That is one impresive lego craft mon ami.
You should see some of the larger ships. ^^ Sometime soon, I also plan on assembling the entirety of my lego fleet for group photo. That's about 36 ships of various sizes.

*long drawn out whistle*

That is a lot of ships.

*ponders*

Perhaps you shall become an admiral, attacking other lego ship collections, using a complex dice system. I see a new future opening up.

*nods* That's awesome^3. Maybe even 4. :)

Watch out for sniper fire into the captain's cabin, though.

Captains are immune to musket or pistol fire unless the rest of the crew is gone OR the musket or pistol is being fired by another Captain within 3 inches.

... Nevermind then. :p Anyone told Lord Nelson about this?

The latest action:

Schooner Geisha, carrying some seamen of about 36, engaged a sister ship of the same class an even appearance, which was an armed warship under Spanish sail carrying some twenty-five or more men and three cannon, equal to that of the Geisha. The enemy was at first quick to engage, but a hit on one of her guns changed the Spanish captain's mind and thus the Geisha took to pursuing. Combat continued for some time until both ships had lost all capability for artillery (by damage to guns). Owing to the superior skill of Captain Yui and her loyal Dutch navigator, the Geisha was however able to close on the Spanish vessel and resume combat with rifle fire, exchanging fire with the enemy until the last man was killed. Six sailors were lost in the combat, while eleven, to include one officer and two soldiers, were dispatched to the enemy vessel as a prize crew. Both vessels immediately returned to an Imperial base to take on new cannon to replace those damaged.

At the same time, within seeing distance, the sloop Nightstalker II under well-reputed Captain Barnaby Rufio Hernandez engaged two cargo vessels of Spanish flag that were bound for ports unknown. The enemy ships were quite heavily laden with excessive numbers of pistol-armed men who gladly gave our forces combat and with great luck initially inflicted upon BHR's men large casualities. After fierce combat and many losses, the larger of the ships was made deserted by way of every man on board being killed, from both sides. This short-lived no-man's land, however, did not deter Captain Hernandez and his men were quick to charge across the cargo vessel to take the second. All men on deck were killed and those below were spared, to be of service to the red banner until the time is seen fit fo their release. Captain Yui last spotted BHR on course to the neutral port, with the cargo ships in tow.

I find the victory to be alittle too clean. Only six dead when in the days of High sea combat, lead was used for musket (since actual rifles haven't been invented yet) bullets, and there were no wounded.

<_< Not to mention women were forbidden on ships since to sea men it was extreme bad luck.

Chris: The game rules don't cover wounding; a hit is a kill. The casualities are a result of the luck of the dice, which seemed to favor Yui this battle (although the bonus for her gunners saved a few hits from being misses). Yui isn't a typical captain, of course (being vagina-equipped) but she's a good enough one to command a ship.

Everyone: Thank you all for the compliments! I'll post more Lego goodies in the future. ^_^

Wes said:
Chris: The game rules don't over wounding; a hit is a kill. The casualities are a reult of the luck of the dice, which seemed to favor Yui this battle (although the bonus for her gunners saved a few hits from being misses). Yui isn't a typical captain, of course (being vagina-equipped) but she's a good enough one to command a ship.

Everyone: Thank you all for the compliments! I'll post more Lego goodies in the future. ^_^

I see, why not let someone else roll your save throws then. <_< I feel you like to rub the sides some man. Seeing how there were only six deaths during boradsiding and musket exchange.

Cora said:
I see, why not let someone else roll your save throws then. <_< I feel you like to rub the sides some man. Seeing how there were only six deaths during boradsiding and musket exchange.
By the time we got to muskets, it was basically my guys slaughtering their few survivors. It was lucky, that's all. I was using the Rapid Smallarms Figuring Table, too.

A sketch of the ship:

1153891344174.jpg

I displayed the Geisha at Fantasci. :D

People loved it, especially the kids. I let some of them shoot the spring loaded cannons, too. :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back