Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Kohana [Lenwe's Office] Business Relocation

Zakalwe

Inactive Member

[Opening in Lenwe's office]

Lenwe turned.

"What do you mean, they aren't going to let us do it? I paid almost a million KS to you bumbling idiots to clear this all up. I thought we had a deal, gentlemen. I was told that you would have everything worked out, and the Colloseum would be open and ready for gambling by now, and just NOW you are coming to tell me the Ketsurui are telling us we can't go forward?"

The dark skinned elf fumed as he looked out the window of his office on the city of Kyoto, Yamatai. He clenched his teeth and tried to regain composure, but this news was very bad, no, it would spell disaster for his business. He had slaves, stolen weapons and armor salvaged from all over the galaxy. If SAINT found out, no WHEN they found out, he would be imprisoned, or worse, killed 'accidentally'.

One of Lenwe's elven advisors stepped forward, reading over his datapad to try and put a positive spin on the current situation.

"Kydaraes, we could move our operations to Nepleslia. It wouldn't be difficult, and there will be a great desire for us there. The people would love to visit the arena to cheer for their favored fighter. We would profit much from their lust for blood. We could do it, Wise One, and no one would even know."

Canting his head, Lenwe turned to face his staff. His gaze was faroff, which meant that he was forming a plot from what had been proposed. Rubbing a long boney finger under his chin, he began to entertain the idea of moving his entire operation somewhere else, somewhere far more accepting of the gritty, and bloody sport of combat. Where could he profit from the most?

Slowly his lips curled into a wicked grin and he pointed to his neko secretary.

"Get Laughing Rain here as soon as possible, I think it's time she and I had another business meeting. I believe we have a new proposal for her."

The neko nodded quickly, and turned to leave the large, cold office. Lenwe had learned over the year he had been in charge of this operation that to get the best results, one had to instill fear and respect into those with which they dealt. Keep your enemies, potential or confirmed, uncomfortable, and you will have the upper hand. He kept his office cold for just that reason. Next, he pointed to the elf.

"You, I want a proposal on my desk in EXACTLY one hour, selling the idea of moving to Neo Kohana. I want it iron clad, and air tight. If I find one loophole, one small detail out of place, you will follow in your predecessors footsteps and this time they won't find the body."

The elven advisor looked about to lose control of his bodily functions at the realization that both Lenwe was serious, and also that he had the power and influence to do it. Turning quickly for the door, the advisor broke into a sprint for the door, mumbling notes to himself which he scribbled down on his datapad.

Lenwe waved the remaining people away, falling into his great, leather chair and dimmed the windows down to near darkness so he could stare up at the topographical and geological information he had on Neo Kohana. Before Rain got there, he would already have her in his trap, not like the last time...

Laughing Rain walked slowly into Lenwe's office, her clothes were modest, but very professional in a grey skirt and white blouse. She was wearing the wire rimmed glasses on her muzzle as she padded slowly into the room, choosing not to wear shoes or boots for this occasion. Her footclaws ticked off the cool marble flooring in a reminder to all that they were there.

Lenwe forced a smile and motioned for Laughing Rain to take a seat in one of the shorter chairs on the far side of his desk, which she took graciously.

"Miss Rain, it is a pleasure to see you again. I regret to inform you that the genetic material you provided in our last transaction turned up to be unviable for recreating your people for my fighting league. Hopefully this time, however, things will go better in our negotiations, and we can both benefit a bit more." Lenwe started, trying to be as pleasant as possible as he paced back and forth in front of the dimmed windows.

Laughing Rain smiled softly to herself, hiding it behind a paw that rubbed her chin in mock contemplation. She looked over her left shoulder to make sure her advisor, Shadow, was still standing nearby. The good doctor was there, in fact, dressed in a fine pinstriped black suit and hair pulled back neatly into a short ponytail. Nodding to his Mistress, the leopard turned back to Lenwe.

"I extend my deepest condolences, Lenwe. I was not aware that the Dy'Unnar had not properly stored our offering. If you would like, we will replace the fluids, or even send you subjects to extract the necessary materials yourselves. Or, is there something else that you will be asking for now?" Rain quirked a brow and smiled, noticing how Lenwe stopped his pacing just momentarily as she mentioned replacing the fluids himself. "There is something else, then. I can tell. You didn't call us here to chew us out for what you see as unfair practices, you called us here to make a completely new request..."

Lenwe turned and stared back at the leopardess. Her eyes were so cold right now, like she was stalking him for prey. He would not fall into her trap, he too had refined his tactics. Walking around the desk, he sat down on the edge of the glass top.

"I want to move my fighting arena to Kohana, Laughing Rain. You and I both know that I deserve it, in return for giving you the codes to the PANTHEON system. I gave you back your people's religion and faith. I restored the gift of your ancestors. You gave me nothing in return, and I am coming to collect my payment now." Lenwe spoke lowly, leaning forward to come closer to the cool ruler of the Kohanians.

Surprisingly, Laughing Rain did not immediately fight against such a bold statement. She just slowly got to her feet and walked back to speak with Shadow. The meeting seemed to get heated a few times, with one or the other raising their voices, saying something about payments once, or profits somewhere else. Finally, both walked back to the chair, Shadow standing right off Laughing Rain's left elbow, eyes narrowed at Lenwe in disdain.

"Alright, Mr. Venaenar, we will accept your proposal to bring your empire to our world. BUT, we will pick the place your arena is to be built, we will appoint someone to watch over the fighters who come from off world, and you will pay us 60% of the earnings to not tip off the people you're running from about what you are doing." Laughing Rain bargained, leaning forward to put emphasis on her points, which she ticked off on her fingers.

"You're mad if you think I am going to pay you that much. I say 10% at most, and first choice at any goods that happen to pass into our hands." Lenwe countered, slipping the edge of his jacket back to show off the butt of his Tiger Tear pistol in a hip holster.

If Laughing Rain or Shadow were intimidated, they never showed it.

"We will take 20%, and first choice at goods. Final offer. Take it, or you will have to find yourself a new planet to try and peddle this off on." Rain said, slowly starting to stand up.

Lenwe nodded slowly, holding out a white gloved hand. "You have yourself a deal, Laughing Rain. I do not believe it to be fair, but I will accept it. I would like to see information on sites soon, though. I am running out of time, and I would like to get this moving in the right direction before I run out of interest from my investors.

Laughing Rain shook his hand with a nod, as did Shadow, and then both of them started for the door, which lenwe opened for them with a button on his desk. As they left, Shadow was right at Rain's shoulder, speaking in a hushed tone to his queen. As the doors closed again, a wicked grin was just forming on her muzzle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back