• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP Letters to the Senate

Amaryllis

Inactive Member
Well since no one objected to this idea and people said they liked it in one form or another I decided I'd make this thread to put it into action.

This thread is ideally for any citizens of YSE to write letters to the senate which senators are free to take ideas from and reference or ignore. If someone wants to write from the perspective of the citizen of some other faction I guess that's fine too. So if anyone wants to send an IC letter to a particular senator or the senate as a whole here's the place to do it. I figured this would be nice to create an opportunity for people to express the political views/interests of their non senator characters in a place where they'd be likely to be actually read as they'd all be in the same spot.

Here's my letter to start things off.
I believe that the senate should make extreme attempts to target Phodians with offers to go to frontier worlds and negotiate the allowance of VCE technology as an exception to their ban on all non-native technology. The Phodians still lack a unified government and their two remaining countries are pointing nuclear weapons at one another. You could greatly reduce the possibility of a nuclear war if you try to get as many Phodians as possible to explore other planets and report back with all the wonders they have seen. They may then realize there is no need to fight for prosperity when the quality of life on their homeworld could be greatly increased by allowing the more advanced technology of other peoples on it. Currently visitors are banned from most of it and even the empire's soldiers are only allowed to be in one city. If we cannot come to them we should peacefully try to bring them to us to see and physically experience that they have many more options other than war.

The Phods are ideal candidates for the settlement of frontier worlds. Cooking is a major part of Phodian culture which would make one assume they would be naturally interested in learning about new crops and forms of farming. They have a strong agricultural industry for their level of technology but its potential is being wasted by limited trade which is strictly conducted planetside. Helping them create a more successful version of it on another world with less restrictions and advanced technology could solve this predicament. Ohara also has a high birth rate which might be seen on other future Phodian worlds. On top of all this their planet is so hot many are often forced to stay indoors because of the natural insulation of their physiology. Frontier worlds can be customized to their needs with terraforming technology to make them very enticing. If they can be convinced to explore new possibilities en masse the long term benefits to them and the empire as a whole could be immense.

Should the empire not try harder to give them the means to prevent nuclear annihilation?

The Kodians are in a similar situation and should have the same offers extended to them. Conflict between the Alien Peace Council and Anti-Xenoist League could result in a civil war over association with the empire. A civil war involving 2.5 billion people. Greater efforts made to bring them into the larger international Yamataian society could prevent this. The easier it is for them to communicate with outsiders and settle on other worlds the more natural it will become. The more experience they have with the rest of the empire the more accepting of it they may become.

You have all been discussing an issue much greater than population density, growth and planetary development.

I suggest that instead of manufacturing farmers you look at the Mindware technology Nepleslians and Freespacers use and provide an equivalent for free or heavily discounted to Phodians, Kodians and other peoples that you want to better integrate into the empire. You can literally open their minds to new possibilities. Such technology would allow much more debate and a much greater flow of information in general. You cannot market ideas to people if they cannot hear anything you say.

On a somewhat related note I suggest asking Nepleslia to adopt Love Day to improve our relations with its people and to likewise consider encouraging the empire to participate in Lewis Pasco Day.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…