Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Light Armored Assault Walker

CadetNewb

Well, it's still not quite finished, but it is quite close. I just need some comments, criticism and essentially something to push me into finishing it. I'm most worried about it's new weapons, they're both still in the developmental stage, and intend to be capable of being stand alone systems as well.

The new stuff:

The Six Pack

And

The Automortar

Cheers.

The missiles and mortar systems are going to be in upcoming posts as the days go by. It might seem silly to have the shoulder gun and back mounted mortar on the same side of the body, but they're technically modular, and it's just so you can see it better. I'll probably change the conventional mortar to just a plasma or anti-matter one for the sake of simplicity at this rate though. Missiles? I still need to think about what to put in them too.

This thing is really sweet. Bout time a PA with some reall firepower came in.

I have an Origin question. Is their marketing exclusively Yamatia?

Origin is marketed and sold to everyone that is not a mishhu.

Also, this isn't a PA, it's a light Mech.

Well, there's a large difference between a PA and a Mech- the largest being that a PA is simply Armor that is powered beyond what a normal human is, whereas a Mech is a self-supported machine that is driven via a cockpit.

Sigh,

You either have no sense of humor or you dont like me, which is a completely understandable possibility. I understand the difference between Mech and PA. Essentially Mech is to Gundam as PA is to spartan armor. Not stupid, just a smartass.

I have a sense of humor and I don't dislike you- it has more to do with the fact that people often comment on things while genuinely not knowing the difference. I'm just making sure. and, in case someone who DOESN'T know comes and reads this thread, they now have a nice little explanation so they can tell the difference.

Besides, Fruits and Tubers don't get along in Nepleslia. They have to fight for survival.

-Takes Kai and Titus by the scruff of their necks.-

No more talk of tubers and fruits in here. Stay on task you two. :P

Also Cadet, the prices for your missiles seem awfully low. Are you intending it to be this way for people to 'buy in bulk' or something?

Poor fruits and tubers....anyways.

Some updates to the two new weapons on the LAAW, they're also added to the first post for easy viewing as well. Working on DoGAs while finals loom closer....

Ack. Just editing this in; sorry for forgetting your question Soresu. The missile prices haven't been adjusted yet. Hell, I haven't looked at them yet, but they're probably pretty unrealistic/off. I'll see what I can do as work on this proceeds.

From what I can tell he's still working on the modular attachable weapons for it, and there might be a bit more tweaking with the overall design before it's ready, too.

Yeah, I'm still working on the integrated weapons systems. I've decided I might as well make them full on weapons that can be purchased as stand alone products. So far, the mini-missile launcher is near finished, but I still need to make the image for it. The 80mm Mortar, well, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Tell me how the Mini-Missile Launcher looks so far, and if there's any problems.

Fantastic ideas of Fantastic. Once I finish getting an artwork of the "Frosty Seal of Approval", Imma start putting in things like this ;D!

Is the mini-missile platform usable by un-PA'd infantry, or would they require a suit to heft it?

The Main Unit and Mortar are approved btw.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back