• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Liquid Ally

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Goo-Armor, Goo-drone?
Template Used: N/A
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:wazu:liquidsoldier
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:wazu:liquidsoldier

Faction: Wazu
FM Approved Yet? Yes,
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? Yes

Notes: Replaced Yarvex with a non-name-band material. That should make the item approvable and available for the spacers if they want it.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm kind of concerned the DR seems way too high. For comparison, the Mindy 4, which is Zesuaium-armored, is only Tier 4 and this is Tier 5.

Perhaps Tier 3 would work better, then? That way, it would confer upon its wearer the same amount of protection as a suit of heavy personal armor - except when up against energy weapons (lasers, plasma, aether, scalar, et cetera).

Sure, I dropped it down to teir 4.

I original chose Tier 5 because its supposed to be 'kinda normal levels of armor' but with special materials replaced with just 'a lot more space for the armor'. Tier 5 of course is right in the middle of the armor tiers.

Ultimately, there isn't any particular rules-reason for the armor to be at any specific level.

I feel it's still a little too high, even with the revisions that Zack's made. I think that T3 is appropriate.

"However, upon impact the material rapidly hardens, quickly spreading heat and impact over a wide area." (Needs rephrasing - impact on what?)

Change this to be in line with this.

Thank you.

I did the thing.

Also the line in question has been changed to, "Upon impact the material rapidly hardens, quickly spreading out the heat and kinetic energy of the impact over the armor's surface."

I think this more clear, but if I need to change it up again just let me know.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…