Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Request Log In / You Are Already Logged In

hyralt

Inactive Member
For the last week or so, I keep appearing to be logged out

AFCC0663-5143-4A0B-8F12-37CB85EE3AB2.png85CD5AA3-00CD-42C5-BDEB-BB3716AD9938.png

Then when I try to click Log In, it tells me I’m already logged in.
Is this just a me thing?

Last edited:
Just a guess but I think that cookie notice at the bottom may provide the explanation. Without accepting cookies it can't keep you logged in. The active user has changed requiring the page to be reloaded and the cookies re-set, meaning you probably had different tabs under different sessions and it was confusing the forum. I feel like reloading the page like it said would fix this in almost all cases.

What about reloading the page? Are you accessing the site through a link/URL that has a session ID in the URL string?

Reloading usually fixes it. I don’t think there’s a session id in the URL, it’s just reloading my star army tab wherever I left off.

My login problems continue. This time I made sure to agree to the cookies first.
E55D940A-DCD2-49A3-A8CE-76222C2F35C4.webp
And
7203C6DF-FA1A-452F-A054-C78604FE0040.webp
Despite agreeing to cookies it still doesn’t display me as logged in, but won’t let me log in.
F7F2C88A-28B0-4D06-88DB-F11674B1EC8A.webp
New symptom, probably the same issue. Telling me to reload because the active user changed.

Great catch, Ame! Could be a cloud flare thing then.

Edit: oh. Looking back, I got that ”new” symptom in my original screenshots. Just didn’t notice under the cookie banner.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back