• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Looking for a good 3D creation software

Abwehran Commander

Inactive Member
I've been noticing the 3D designs of the Miharu on the image board as well as those of that civlian Vampire and I've just been wondering what software do you believe would work best?

I know Gamestudio was used for the Vampire and tried it out for a moment. I was just wondering what was used for the Miharu?

Gmax is elusive, but it's free and decent. I use 3d Studio Max 8 myself.

I know most of the people making mods for the Neverwinter Night RPG module creation set use Gmax with a plugin. Try looking up www.dladventures.com for more info: I know they have references for it somewhere.

edit: here's where you can get Gmax;
http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax/

Anonymous haet registration

Turbosquid is an interesting site to frequent for a 3d modelist/texturer. I wasregistered and it was no hassle for me. *shrugs*

Wes: Everything free in terms of 3D sucks.

Blender is a joke: It doesn't even have face modifiers or extrude features which are the cornerstone of modern 3D modelling.

I'd recommend Cinema 4D out of how easy it is to get registration codes and its simple learning curve if you bother reading the help files or follow tutorials.

In 3 hours, I knew enough to start making and texturing fighters.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ