Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: LSDF Reclaimer [Lor System] LSDF Reclaimer, Mission 1, Prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Mechanic

Inactive Member
On: Lor System, Kathra Station

A serious faced Occhestan in a black and grey LSDF uniform walked down one of the long corridors of Kathra station in the direction of one of the docking stations, a short black haired Helashio girl followed closely behind him in a similar uniform, holding a data pad. "Jariyaa make sure to double check our supplies once we reach the vessel, I wouldn't want us to get millions of kilometres from home and realize that we don't have something important", the Occhestan said to the Helashio. "I already had planned so sir", the Helashio replied.

As the two reached the airlock, the Occhestan put his hand to a scanning device. A display above it activated, Identity confirmed, Sub-Commander Skka'ri Spirit Occhesta; unlocking... and with that the two entered the airlock.

Tranquil walked quietly down the halls a small goose somehow keeping pace with him as he walked. Like always his thoughts remained well hidden under his blank face as they moved. Mostly his thoughts were on Latham and whether or not they would allow the goose on the ship. But part of them were on the medical facilities on it and what he would have to make do with since he had not seen a med bay on the ship specs. He was so deep into his thoughts that he almost missed the airlock, it was only Latham's honk that saved him from passing it by. "Oh, thank you Latham.â€

Jariyaa walked down the hallway toward one of the central open rooms with Tranquil following. "I know your situation must be a bit awkward, but I'm hoping that we can get you a working medical bay; the designers of the Harvester class focused mainly on storage space, to the expense of many the other areas of the ship." Jariyaa said as they walked.

Tranquil nodded part of his attention on Latham who was barely a step ahead of him and in front of one of his feet.
"That is what I assumed, though if I ever meet the designers of these ships I will explain to them the need for a medical bay on any sort of ship.â€

"With the supplies and equipment we have in storage I think we can have a working medical bay in no time. As for the designers I don't think they had planned for this ship to do anytihng more than short-range missions without modification, so thats where you and I come in." Jariyaa said as they entered the open room. It was spacious with lots overhead lighting, but nearly empty. "I hope this room will be acceptable, its fairly central, and it has decent access to the rest of the ship."

Tranquil studied the room for a moment as the though of 'that's no reason to not have one put in' crossing his mind before he dismissed it and focused on what he would need and where he would be able to place them.
"this is very much acceptable, thank you.â€

"We can start getting them from a storage room just around the corner, I think you will find that we have a decect setup considering the premium which some of those items command in recent times; you can feel free to thank me for that anytime." Jariyaa said flashing a quick smile and then started walking for the door on the other side of the room.

"Being remarkable to anyone has nothing to do with me being Helashio, though I won't deny the possibility that I am remarkable...". Jariyaa said confidently, as she and Tranquil rounded the corner into the hallway.

"Anyone can be remarkable if they're given enough incentive and attetion." Came a sarcastic voice from ahead, that voice belonging to Feather, who was leaning against the wall. "Your master gave you everything that would make you as you are," she said, "if anyone else was incharge of your development, you'd probably be just like all the others, mute, naked and stupid." Straightening, Feather walked past the two of them

"Personally, I prefer helashio to be personality less, then to have one that rivals ours." She muttered as she walked away.

"Oh how interesting, she assumes that my personality only just rivals hers," Jariyaa said somewhat amusedly to Tranquil as the two continued to walk on down the hallway.

"It's hard to tell with some Fynneun, they often lack the personal skills of Lmanel and Occhesta; but I'm hoping she won't too much of a problem..." Jariyaa said as they reached the door to the storage room.

Knowing that she shouldn't be doing it, she was still spying on the Helashio and Tranquil. Starblaze would give the little slave a chance, but a slim one. She couldn't help but laugh a little at the comment about the hotheaded Fyunnen. Hadn't she been exiled for the same reason before? Something about abandoning a slave in a dangerous area for no reason. With a shrug, she flipped on the ship wide intercom and spoke up.

"Ship systems are at fifty percent, they will be at ninety percent in twenty minutes. We will be able to leave the station at ninety percent."

As she finished with her announcement, she flipped the intercom back off and reached up, her hand resting under Naicen's tummy, wiggling her fingers from the heat.

Jariyaa walked over to the wall and started to pull over a flat cart over toward some supply containers stacked on some of the shelves. "We can use this to move some of this now, though you might need someone else's help later for some of those larger containers, my help might not be enough and I'm sure you wouldn't want one of those containers to fall and damage me". Jariyaa said with a smile as she confirmed that they were the correct containers on her data-pad.

(OOC note: Remember that Jariyaa is quite small, only about 1.47 metres or 4' 10" tall)

Tranquil walked over and picked up the first container and putting it on the cart after she had finished checking to make sure that it was the right one, his eyes going over her a second.
"That would be very unfortunate, and somewhat ironic, to be injured by medical supplies. It would also make a rather bad start to the voyage.â€

The two continued to fill the cart and carefully stacked the containers ontop of each other until the cart was full. "Okay lets get this back to the Medical Bay, we won't have much time to unpack them as it is." Jariyaa said opening the door for Tranquil and the cart.

Tranquil nodded and started to push the cart. It took a bit of effort to get it moving but once it was he found it to be easy to push through the opening of the door and down the hall.

Tranquil and Jariyaa moved the containers into the new medical bay and started to unpack some of the equipment before the briefing.

"Is there any particular reason you joined the Self Defense Forces?" Jariyaa asked Tranquil inquisitively while she was unpacking a medical kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back