• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Lorath CCG: Suggestions for improvement

Itkatsu Kiyoko

Inactive Member
I was reading through the Lorath CCG last night and noticed that it lacked what I believe is enough information to allow a player to properly create a character for that race. So, in the intrests of making it better for everyone I'd like to point out the following things I think need to be addressed.

Naming
The CCG has zero information on how to name a Lorath character, and only by finding and reading the New Race: Lorath thread in this forum cna someone get the vaugest idea of how to do so. If they do find it, there is still no list of what the proper working title / ranks are (I thought there was at one stage, but I can't find it if there was), and there are no guides on how to create a suitably Lorath-sounding name for their first given name and no guide on how to create a last name based on the place they hold in their house, clan and family.

There is no mention of lifespans or average ages for Lorath, and on top of this I noticed that the characters created so far list two different ages yet there is no reason given as to why, or how these are derived. The current characters also vary in the ratio of these two numbers, with a range of between 1.8 to 2 Lorath years used for every human year.

Formatting
From the skills page:
When you add them to your character biography, they should be at the bottom, and each as a separate paragraph with a line in between so they're easy to read. No one likes looking at a big blob of text.
Ironically, the skill sets listed above this have all the skills in a big blob of text.

Missing Skills
From the 'Playing the Lorath' page:
Their skill specialties lay within the realm of Minor shape shifting (Explained in the skill section)
It is not explained in the skills section.

Colours
From the Lorath Appearance page:
The only things normal for all in the race, is the White hair color, and pale skin, and yellow eyes, Which can change as well.
Erm. How much can they change? How far from the norm is still within the bounds of reasonability? Of the three current Lorath characters for instance, only one of them has yellow eyes. A table like that used for the Nekovalkyrja would be most awesome for this, but at the least the most common and the restrictions on colours should be listed. Also, what are the house colours? It is mentioned that hair is usually dyed to the house colour, yet these are not actually specified.

Well, those are the things that I managed to catch and remember. If these were to be fixed up I believe it would make it a great deal easier to create a Lorath character true to the creators intentions, something we all want to see I'm sure.

* hides behind a couch and waits for a reaction * :p

Sorry It's taken me a while to respond. I will get on these problems more then likely tonight, so it should be alright soon enough! But Kiyoko <_< Is this saying you wanna make a Lorath Character? :p.....please? o.o; We still need one more for the Psionics house I believe.

*eyeshifts*

I have been toying with a Lorath character, that's how I managed to spot all those things. :p The one I had been writing up was badarse warrior, mainly because some great ideas popped into my head and it felt like it would end up being a really cool character, although if you're in need of a different one I might have a go at putting something together.

Have the corrections been made yet?

They are being made right now as I speak! >_< SORRY! I completely forgot, soccer, and blah blah blah stuff you all aren't really interested in ((except for maybe a steam sexy scene or two with christen.....KIDDING!)) But I digress, the corrections will be ready TOMMOROW!

Woot! And don't forget to send me those pics of you and Christen. ^_~ lol

Exactly. He means it should be shared, not just sent to Wes. Wes can be so selfish sometimes. Thanks for thinking about the rest of us C. ;p

Blas said:
Exactly. He means it should be shared, not just sent to Wes. Wes can be so selfish sometimes. Thanks for thinking about the rest of us C. ;p
Actually, I'm planning on making a passworded gallery for all of us Star Army guys who admire Tiff's sexiness. ^_^

By the way, we also need pics of Leigh. :p

no I mean she has no pic's on her comp and she most likely will never have then. ..... rather not have you all oogling her anyways......... >_>

But I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that pictures of a sort exist on a non-computerized format. That's easy to fix, I think any photomart or even Kinkos can take a normally developed photo and scan it for PC use. Just set up a timer limit so the picture can only be looked at for 30 seconds every five minutes and you're oogling problem is solved! ^^

What?

Guess I'm being too off topic, huh?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back