• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Lorath "Hand Cannon"

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Inactive Member
Producer Information
Designer: Lorath Warrior House R&D
Manufacturer: Lorath Warrior House
(Suggested) Price: 200 KS
Individual Component Costs:
Handle: 20 KS
Barrel: 30 KS
Chamber: 30 KS
Trigger: 10 KS
Hammer: 10KS

Nomenclature Information
Name: Ryht Lyhhuh (Hand Cannon)
Type: Chemical Or Powder (dependent on the barrel)
Role: Close Range anti-personal
Length: 0.4572 meters
Weight: 5lbs

Discharge Information
Projection/ammo type: Solid Projectile
Firing Mechanism: When the weapon is cocked the chambers rotate and place a bullet in front of a firing pin. The firing pin on a hammer then moves forward upon release of the trigger to detonate the charge in the round's casing. As the pressure from the explosion forces the round out the front of the weapon. Some of the gas is diverted from the barrel backwards to re-cock the weapon and chamber another round. The weapon can also be manually cocked by simply pulling back the hammer.
Caliber: .50 caliber (Available in other calibers if requested)
Effective Range: 45 yards for standard charge, 100 yards for chemical, (at a .50 caliber)
Maximum Range: 100 yards for Standard charge, 250 for chemical. (At a .50 caliber)
Minimum Range: 0.
Muzzle Velocity: Standard: 900 ft/s, Chemical: 1,200 ft/s.
Muzzle Blast: The muzzle gives off a 3 inch muzzle flare, and sounds like a cannon has just been shot.
Firing Mode(s): Single shot fire.
Recoil: Standard: requires two hands to safely fire, otherwise has a good chance of server injury to breaking the wrist. Chemical: will break an unskilled shooters wrist and put them on their ass.

Ammo Description:
Name: .500 caliber lead bullet
Visual Description: A .500 caliber bullet, stored in a speed loader while not in the chambers.
Ammo: 5
Damage Description: The entrance wound is slightly larger than the bullet, the exit wound can be various large sizes, from the size of a baseball, to a basketball. When the bullet collides with bone or other similar materials, it will cause fracturing. Damage effects to metal depends on density, this round can penetrate thin armor

Name: .500 caliber "Shredderâ€

So I guess this is kind of like a Lorath designed hand gun. Just it shoots something more like a 3 inch, 12 gauge shoot gun shell then?

I take it this is something the Lorath came up with while trying to make some ranged weapons. Doesn't seem like the best pistol ever designed, but I guess it isn't supossed to be as the Lorath are fairly new to that sort of thing eh?

That, and you have to remember. This is aimed at the Lorath Warrior house, whom are bred for this specific thing. They tend to use heavy weaponry, and since they really don't like guns to much, this weapon will be last resort. This weapon isn't intended for repeated use.

Ontop of that, like I said before, this weapon is aimed for the Lorath warriors. They are much larger then the normal Neko, and I believe they may be a touch stronger. Not exactly sure just how strong a neko IS.

An average Neko I believe can carry around about 4 tons, regenearte from almost any attack, and is generaly superior in almost all ways. This fyn wouldn't do much to stop them methinks.

Zakalwe said:
An average Neko I believe can carry around about 4 tons, regenearte from almost any attack, and is generaly superior in almost all ways. This fyn wouldn't do much to stop them methinks.

Don't really mean to sound like Uso here, but ... keep in mind, the weapon is for the Lorath, and possibly for fighting against other Lorath. Or even to put down Helashio.

Or to try and put down a particular vehicle ... as their armor seems tough only with the warrior house. Just as long as it's not used to take down a certain airbike. *grins*

A Lorath Warrior, equiped with neural stims, and re-enforced bones... eh... could come close to a Neko, maybe.

Additionaly, this weapon is designed to be quite uncomfortable for the use by other races than the Lorath. Other grips can be made available upon a later time for the weapon. Additionaly, a compensation feature could be added to reduce recoil for individuals without super strength.

DocTomoe said:
A Lorath Warrior, equiped with neural stims, and re-enforced bones... eh... could come close to a Neko, maybe.

Additionaly, this weapon is designed to be quite uncomfortable for the use by other races than the Lorath. Other grips can be made available upon a later time for the weapon. Additionaly, a compensation feature could be added to reduce recoil for individuals without super strength.
Discomfort is discomfort, no matter which of the species is using it. You're just using that as an excuse because you don't want to redraw the thing so it makes more sense. If you were a Lorath, even if you could fire that gun safely, you would want one that was more comfortable. A design like this really shouldn't have made it to the market.

The Lorath Warriors do not want to feel comfortable using the things. They consider the things to be taboo, but fine, we could fiddle with the handle shape a little if that will be the thing that seals the approval or unapproval of the tech.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back