• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [Lorath Matriarchy] Phalange Chamber

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Added a couple lines in the middle stating that it uses electromagnetic emissions to produce artificial nerve impulses in the finger. Given that the box scans the physiology of the inserted finger, I do not believe that it is unreasonable to suggest that it could compensate for some of the more common exotic physiologies in the setting such as Yamatai's artificial races.

Hopefully since this is just a curiosity I won't have to go into too much detail as to how that all works... It is just supposed to make you feel things you tell it to when you stick your finger in it. No hidden nefarious function unless someone using it to induce artificial pain counts.

That's OK. I just wanted some idea of how it actually works, and my question is thusly satisfied.

Approved.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…