• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Lorath Solid Ammunition List

Everything below 11 mm is OK. Otherwise, I'd say everything but nukes and anti-matter is fine. They're just standard rounds. Even the plasma rounds I'll buy -- but not at less than 40 mm. Even Yamatai doesn't have plasma grenades.

Someone else can argue nukes in 41 mm rounds and anti-matter in 30 mm rounds.

My other request is that, while it's nice that you were really thorough, you need to be more specific. I'm sure they don't have a 21 mm round, a 22 mm round, a 23 mm round, so on. Pick specific calibers for specific weapons. The generalized, linkable approach is still good, but you should really pick and limit from there. This is a real spam approach.

Due to a lack of explaining technobabble, I've removed the plasma slug from the 20mm - 29mm bracket of munitions. As for the antimatter slug within that bracket, it would be contradictory to a previously approved technology to remove it.

As for the matter of my formatting in the matter, yea... I did intentionally write it to provide a wide range of coverage. This has been done so I would not have to make a new submission for new ammo for new weapons made, also the ammunition for new weapons would not slow down future weapon submissions.

Yea, its a bit wide-ranged, but at least it takes care of a lot of hurdles.

It also makes it easy for you to come up with any kind of gun you want for any kind of ammo.

That's why I want specifics -- it forces you to think about weapon platforms now.

You don't have to listen to me. I'm just saying, that's why I want it.

Realistically, there is a wide-range of potential common-use calibers for weapons, thus making narrowing down a list an anti-productive measure.

In example, here are a couple of lists of ammunition;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:p ... cartridges
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/index.html

and, a link to an interesting website:
http://cartridgecollectors.org/slics/sl ... lights.htm

But what I'm trying to say is, it is difficult to realistically limit the selection of ammunition down to a select number due to there being a wide potential for potential ammunition configurations.

We talked about this on YIM, and I've got no other objections. I shouldn't've opened my mouth. I hate tech arguments. Fuck knows what came over me.

The discussion with Jess has revealed some interesting issues, specifically on antimatter compression, nuclear weaponry and accompanying systems. As such, I am hesitant to approve any antimatter technology less than 200mm/20cm/8 inches in size (including containment) and conventional nuclear technology under 75mm/7.5cm/3 inches.

I see antimatter and nuclear weapons built into 3 and 4 cm casings here...please restrict this to the shell sizes I've selected?

I may pursue a submission-retroactive toning down of antimatter and nuclear shells of less than the aforementioned sizes before too much longer, so no, you are not the only one I am looking at this with.

"Dirty Bombs", which are just bombs laced with radioactive material, are not under this restriction.

Tell me Toshiro... did she calculate the numbers?

And along that note, I quit, because with that announcement all of my technology is now DR 4 and I can't even hurt a Mishhu pod. Later.

Admin Override

It appears that my points have gotten lost in the mix somewhere. The discussions about Antimatter and nuclear ordinances are for consideration for possible future DR revisions. Not so that staff members can suddenly change things making entire factions worth of weapons become useless IC. This is bad for story chum, not to mention

Toshiro failed to consult with anyone before enacting this policy. Jess does not determine policy on this site.

I will review this submission myself.

Approved for IC usage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back