• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Lorath

Zack

Inactive Member
Just a quick post about the Lorath while I'm at school. I read a bit of OOC about what is going on there and people and their characters should really just play the game, don't assume someone else is going to do something and don't go 'oh hey wait' and ask to change the situation or ask something else to change how it is played (in this case it is being asked that the Yamatai goverment change its policy in how it does things because people don't want things to happen instead of working within what is avalible ICly).

Stop babying the situation and just play, in the end it will make the whole experiance much more enjoyable because there will be natural inbuilt conflicts instead of a few artificial ones.

I was just kidding, the 5th has its own missions. We have our own races to tango with. *flaps angel wings*

Think of it in RP terms, your race suffered a cataclysm from the stars! How will that make your population feel? What will everyone do now? ect? ect!?!?

This has the potential to be a great plot element as no one autos, metagames, ect, and as long as no one uses OOC complaints to influence IC actions and choices.

Portrayed like that, yes, it does have some potential... but how things are turning out is still sad.

That is such bull though, my race is not stupid enough to write it off as something that was bound to happen. If Lor gets leveled, or the moon gets leveled. It will be viewed as an act of hostility against a non-hostile race. Thus making Yamatai appear as an empire of dictators and facists.

The things that would happen from there would either result in Yamatai suffering a direct attack or the Lorath plotting something much more sinister, that would only end up ruining the plotline for anyone in the Yamatai Star Empire.

Thus making Yamatai appear as an empire of dictators and facists.

Um, that is how they are played... they are like that for a reason and to do otherwise would waste a perfectly good backstory.

that would only end up ruining the plotline for anyone in the Yamatai Star Empire

Go ahead and try it! No matter what you do someone will survive and the plotline will continue. If anything it would add more flavor to what is going on.

yea... if you would move your desk to the back... that would be greaaat....

good movie, and filmed in my home town too!

I didn't review the mission, but looking at the OOC thread, I'd say both sides are at fault. Wes shouldn't have metagamed to begin with. But the two Lorath people could have got with him about that. You shouldn't have "planned out" your race's contact. Randomness is the good part about RP. Granted, this metagaming wasn't acceptable either.

Neither is whining because things aren't going your way, especially when you could have talked to Wes without starting a big debate about it. I'm not trying to scare you off, but if you don't like how things turn out, you can either leave the community, or accept it and try to make the best of it.

Being in it and hearing both sides, all I can say is this: drama. It's lots of drama. Not all of it is unwarranted.

Wolf's bang on, without the tact. What is done is done. What can be done to prevent this madness in the future? That's what we should ask, neh?

Part of me is still a bit convinced this whole issue came up because there was a player created race involved and that some of the people with a stake in it eventually wanted to show up to Wes and tried too hard to make their race look good.

From what I saw in the other Sakura missions, everything went fine when there was only Wes managing things and that there was no butting heads on things.

I'm going to thread over thin ice here and just suggest that Wes' plotship (and other threads of the like) could maybe just be left alone so that he'd be in full control of the NPCs there. Or, if players present a race that they want Wes to present, then, let him handle them as NPCs and only create characters in that race after the race has been solidly introduced to avoid all the aggravation.

That was the problem, Kotori. Wes took their characters and played them as NPCs, and that's where everything seems to have gone downhill. If I were to create a race here (though it would never happen) I definitely wouldn't want someone else to take charge of them. But then, I've never been really happy with GM-run RPs anyway, so I might have a different viewpoint.

Simple solution: Wes and the Lorath people get together, discuss what went on in the metagamed post, change it as needed, and go from there. I'm not in the Sakura usergroup, so things may have changed since Kotori saved the HTML files for me. But from what I gathered before, it seems like the Lorath people want to rewrite history. What's done is done, you shouldn't try to change anything IC unless it was the result of OOC problems. Fix the metagamed post and continue. Whatever you do, just try and have fun.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back