• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP [Love Day] Jackson & Yuril (Blizzard & Krisslanza)

Blizzard

Inactive Member
Only one thought was in Jackson's head: Where the hell was he?!

Then, he remembered. It was some sort of virtual world, made specifically for a blind date. Why he'd agreed to do this, he had no clue.

Right now, the world resembled a matrix. Very bland. He arched his back and placed his hands on his hips, looking this way and that in the void. His tail swished absent mindedly.

"Well, this is is hardly romantic!" he observed aloud. Almost as instantly as the thought formed in his head, had he found himself on a tropical island, sand between his toes, with the sun setting off on the horizon, and a dark, purple starscape above. It was suddenly very warm, and he purred in satisfaction. He was now clad in a pair of simple, black swim-trunks, and a warm sea breeze ran across his bare torso.

Hey, he was an author! His idea of romance came from gushy novels.

"Not quite sure how that happened, but it's a step in the right direction!"

Yuril had heard about this virtual world thing, but she had never actually tried it. She hadn't ever gone on a date either, and yet here she was all because she had agreed to this blind date thing... so two firsts there.

The neko was surprised to suddenly find herself in a rather realistic looking tropical island of sorts, seeming at roughly sunset, judging by the color of the sky and the setting sun. She had never been to a place like this before...

She was wearing normal, casual clothing when she had gotten into this, but now she found herself wearing a rather simple, but still aesthetically pleasing white bikini. It did make her seem oddly kind of pale, given her already pale skin and her silver hair, but she didn't mind a nice color like this...

Tsukade had also noticed she wasn't alone on this island - her blind date was here. The neko gulped a bit - she didn't have any real experience with men...

"Erm, a step in the right direction?"

Two things you needed to know about Jax:

He was one for asthetics, and he wasn't the smartest.

So naturally, the thought hadn't occured to him that he had just met his blind date.

"Well, yeah! It's not quite done yet." he answered, flicking his wrist at the empty beach.

"Some mood-lighting would be nice, for one," and with those words, several tiki-torches filled the space. "And maybe some place to grab a drink. I'm thirsty."

Then, a tiki bar appeared with several people milling about, and a neko behind the counter, cleaning a glass. Jax snickered.

"Oh, man, this is cool! It's like this thing is reading my mind!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Oh... Hi."

Yuril stared in surprise, and a little awe, as this all unfolded before her. It was so strange, it was like she was really here yet, she knew she wasn't? After all, real life didn't just have things popping into existence like that.

Honestly the neko felt a little relieved her blind date seemed a little... oblivious. At least she didn't seem to be in the presence of someone who knew much more then her about this whole thing, it should make this a lot easier...

"Hahaha... yes, hello. I'm uhm, Yuril. I guess I'm your... date for the evening?" admitted the neko a bit shyly, chuckling softly.

"Er... yeah..." Jax laughed nervously, going a small shade of red and scratching the back of his head. "I'm Jackson. Everyone calls me Jax, though..."

He paused quite awkwardly, then looked to the tiki bar he'd created.

"Buy you a drink?" he offered sheepishly.

"Uhm, well, sure, why not! Erm... I wonder how it would feel to drink something in here... its my, er, first time." the neko paused, "And my first time actually going on a blind date. Oooor... any kind of date really, so, uh... ahaha..."

Yuril chuckled nervously and started to head towards the bar, pausing for a moment mid-stride, forgetting something.

"Ah! Right! Uhm, its nice to meet you Jax. Whew, almost forgot an important part to meeting someone!"

"Uh, same!" Jax chuckled, following suite, and very glad she was just as nervous as him. He leaned against the counter and held up two fingers. Two hollowed out coconut shells full of some concoction appeared next to him, with a straw and umbrella. The simulated people around them made things less awkward, and filled the area with a low buzz of chatter.

"So, uh, you in the military too?" he asked, trying to start things off.

"Oh, uhm, yes I am! I guess it makes sense military personnel would end up together in this thing, hahaha... I'm not anyone special though, just another neko, ya know?" she laughed nervously and stirred her drink with her straw, "Haven't really done too much still... about the only real highlight was somehow getting into buying some salvage... thing and ending up with two Helashio girls to take care of. I guess it's kind of nice though..."

Jax tilted his head and sipped from his own straw.

Simulated pina-colada. Huh. He wondered if they could get drunk in this thing.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm just a technician." he nodded. "Helashio? I've never heard of them before..."

"I hadn't really heard of them too often either, until that day, of course. From what I've looked into, they're uhm... well, usually sold as slaves. Until recently anyway, but it still happens I suppose... they're nice enough girls though, I'm pretty happy to have them around."

Yuril grinned and sipped her drink, a bit happy with herself now - it was kind of nice, just being able to talk like this.

"Nice to come home and have someone waiting for you, right?"

Jackson laughed a little.

"Um, well, actually, I just moved to Yamatai a year ago. I don't have a home... yet. The Eucharis is all I got."

"The Eucharis? That sounds familiar..." the silver-haired neko frowned a moment, "It's like its on the tip of my tongue! I know I've heard it before though... still, I'm jealous anyway. I've been kinda stuck doing... well, nothing too interesting. I was assigned to the Genesis when the Helashio thing happened, and well... yeah..."

Jax didn't like to brag, but...

"Oh, it's Hanako's ship," he explained non chalantly. "What kind of ship is the Genesis?"

He realized he'd already finished his drink, and called for another.

"Hanako's ship!? Wait, you mean THE Hanako?!" sputtered Yuril in surprise, nearly coughing out a mouthful of her drink.

The silver-haired neko let out a pained sigh and slumped a bit in her seat, "That's so cool... the Genesis was a nice ship, but I'm not really on it anymore due to the whole Helashio thing so..."

Jax momentary triumph was cut short. He cautiously put a hand on her back, not sure if she was okay with contact just yet.

"Do you actually like your girls?" he asked. "Or are they just kinda stuck with you?"

"Oh! I like them! I mean, I'm not too unhappy to have to take care of them, it's just, well, you know..." snapped Yuril suddenly, nodding, "It's just not how I kind of saw things going, being a neko and all but, ah... here I am, kind of bringing down the mood, aren't I? This is supposed to be some kinda date, not a 'let's have the neko mope' thing, hahaha."

Jax internally winced. This wasn't going well. Then, as if on que, a mariachi band appeared, and the simulated crowd began dancing.

'Well, not exactly what I had in mind, but that'll work.' he shrugged in his mind. He smiled, stood, and held out a hand.

"Know how to dance?"

The silver-haired neko blinked in surprise and gave a nervous chuckle, "Not particularly but well... I'm always up for learning new things. How hard can it be to dance? I mean, can't be harder then a Mindy, right?"

Jackson smiled and shrugged. He took her hand and led her to the center of the crowd.

"I wouldn't know. I've never danced before." he smirked. Slowly, he crept a hand to her hip, cautiously, just in case she wasn't ready for such intimate contact.

Yuril blushed a little bit at the contact, but well, this was part of a date, right? And dancing usually was going to require this kind of contact... she could handle this.

"So, blind leading the blind? I guess at least I won't be worried if I make a fool of myself."

Jax chuckled and moved his other hand to hold hers. Then, slowly, and rather awkwardly, he began swaying them to the music.

"Well... this isn't so bad I suppose. I mean, in general! This whole thing is pretty new and uhm, well... this is nice enough... although it is kind of odd to be dancing in swimsuits, but well, work with what we've got, right?"

"We don't have to, you know..." Jackson replied, cocking an eyebrow. He was starting to figure out how the world worked, and soon found himself in a crisp, tailored tux.

The silver-haired neko blinked in surprise and stared, "H-how did you do that!? Er, well, I mean I guess this place is virtual but... still! Now you're in a nice, crisp tux on a beach... with a mariachi band playing. Still kind of weird, don't you think?" teased Yuril with a chuckle.

Jax shrugged.

"I'm fine with this." he answered, looking around. "I mean, yeah, mariachi music isn't really ideal for tuxedos..."

The band began playing a tango, and the occupants of the simulation changed their movements accordingly.

"...And I get the feeling my drycleaner is going to hate me for wearing this to the beach."

Now they stood in a massive, ornate ballroom, on an actual dancefloor. Jax looked around in surprise, momentarily stopping. This was like a commercial he'd seen once. About deodorant. He hadn't even asked it that time. He looked at Yuril questioningly.

"You want to give it a try?" he asked with a grin.

Now it was the neko who felt out of place, given she was still wearing a white bikini in this kind of thing...

"Erm... you just have to like... think about it I suppose? Uhm, let me see, hmmm..."

Yuril didn't really have a good knowledge base of this kind of stuff, but she had seen dresses occasionally in passing. It was perhaps a bit underwhelming for the situation, but the neko was able to conjure out of her memories something not too unlike a sundress to appear on her.

It probably wasn't fitting, but at least she had gotten it to work!

"Well, I didn't end up messing it up I think. Didn't think my clothes off me or anything awkward like that, hahaha!"

'Aw! That's too bad!' thought Jax privately.

"Hey, you did great!" He looked her over. "You look great, too."

"Thanks! I haven't really seen a lot of dresses so I had to kind of think something up on the thought... I'm too used to being in uniform I guess."

Jackson led the dance, getting into the swing of things. His movements were more relaxed, now.

"I know, right? Feels weird not wearing coveralls for a change."

Yuril figured Jax had a better grip of this dancing thing and easily slipped into simply letting herself be led around by him - at least she wasn't tripping and falling all over herself this way.

"I've never worn a dress either, well, not one like this. I don't think trying on the fancy uniform really counts. Sure getting a lot of firsts this day aren't we?"

Jax felt himself smirk. He felt himself beginning to relax against Yuril, obviously feeling more comfortable in her presence.

"I've been on a date before, sure, but this is the first time I've been able to control it," he muttered. "How could someone as pretty as you never have a date?"

"I hope this is your first time being able to control a world entirely by thought, if this was normal for you, that'd be pretty strange." the neko chuckled nervously and shrugged slightly, "I guess no one has just ever really asked me out... I like to say I have a lot of friends, but I guess I never really have tried to... do those kind of moves, as they'd say?"

"Ah... So for your first date, are you having a good time?"

"Nothing to compare it too but I'd say its... going well enough. I mean, it could always be worse, right? And it's nice to meet new people, so..."

"Why, thank you! Glad to know I'm doing a good job."

Yuril smiled reassuringly, "Yup! My best date so far." the neko chuckled a bit at the light joke, "Dancing isn't too bad... at least I'm not tripping all over."

Another thing you need to know about Jax: He has a habit of screwing up at very convenient times. As soon as those words came out of Yuril's mouth, his foot caught a floorboard that stuck up just a little higher than the rest. The initial jolt caused his heart to stop. In that moment, only one thought could be heard in his head:

'Shit.'

The cat-man felt gravity going to work, and he inadvertantly dragged Yuril with him. Being the gentleman he was, he tried his hardest to twist himself so that Yuril would land on top of him and not vice-versa.

The brief glitch in his concentration caused the dancehall, people, and music to disappear. It reverted back to the beach, only this time, it was barren. Jackson hit the ground hard and felt his head swimming.

It was fortunate that the silver-haired neko had a fairly good control of her body - even if she was fairly caught unaware by this sudden change in events. Still, the impact was jarring, but she found the fall thankfully a lot less painful then she was thinking... it took her a moment to realize it was because she had landed on Jax instead.

Something about this situation, if it had been reversed, almost seemed like a scene out of something cliche... the neko looked down at the fallen Jax.

"Are you, erm, alright?"

Jax was a deep shade of red. This was so typical of him.

"Uh... Yeah..." he mumbled with a nod. He looked left and right, trying to dispell the awkwardness.

"Heh. Isn't this the part where we kiss?" he joked, wondering how in the world they'd been put in such a cheesy, overdone plot device.

The neko chuckled, "I think how it usually works is we both fall and the kiss happens during that! I also think, you're supposed to be on top, and I'm on the bottom..."

"So, I guess we kind of genderflipped the situation, huh?" said Yuril with another chuckle, "And, well, I hear it really isn't a date unless there is kissing involved, I... think?"

Jax shrugged from below. Truthfully, he'd never gotten this far.

"I dunno, only one way to find out, right?"

Yuril blushed slightly and scratched her cheek, "Uhm... well I guess so... yeah, okay a kiss. I can do a kiss! Easy. Reaallly easy. Right."

The neko took a breath and exhaled softly before leaning down closer to Jax's face, moving a bit in her strattling position to make it more comfortable and less awkward. Yuril quickly placed a soft little peck on the man's cheek, chuckling a bit as she pulled away.

"You didn't say where, after all!"

Jax squinted.

"...Clever girl..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back