• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Luca] Pavone meets Army.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
OOC: This is the lovely little story of how Luca managed to wind up in the army. I was trying to put it into Canon usage, but I couldn't find any openings.

START! - Kyoto Outskirts, Yamatai - A Civilian Post Office

"Hey, Hey! Pavone!" The voice of Luca's overzealous employer rung out from across the post office, "Boy have I got a deal for you!"

Luca was just sitting in the small, dimly lit back office, enjoying a strong cup of tea with two sugars and chatting with his long-haired friend, John when he heard this. Luca had a full day of delivering messages and packages around Kyoto and the outskirts on his motorbike.
Luca was dressed up quite casually, wearing an orange waistcoat, white undershirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of blue sneakers and a ring worn around a chain on the neck.
John was Luca's Nepleslian friend, he was dressed similarly, just with a red jumper instead of a waistcoat, missing a ring and with a 'mop' of hair on his head.

A pay rise at last? Luca thought to himself in a dull tone and a smile, Whoop de do! "Okay I'll be over in a moment."
Luca held the cup to his lips and drank what was left in a blink. He put the cup on the table and wiped his lip.
"Whoa! Can you teach me to do that?" John asked Luca in amazement.
"I'll tell you when I get back, hang on."

Luca walked through the halls of the post office to his employer's office. His employer went by the name Sakamoto. He was a short Yamataian man, grey hair with a slight bulge on his chest. He smelt a bit like Sake.
When Luca walked in, he was sitting down behind his desk with his hands in his lap.
"Yes Sakamoto, what is it? I've had a field day today and I want to go home."

Sakamoto pulled an envelope out of his blazer pocket without saying a word and gave it to Luca. Luca's eyebrow cocked as he shook the envelope, something was rattling around in it.
Just before Luca got the opportunity to open it, Sakamoto reached underneath the desk, pulled out a neatly wrapped package. Sakamoto just grinned with joy.
"My birthday was last month, bottle brains," Luca told the employer with a twinge of anger. He was quite confused as to what was going on, "I doubt you've forgotten it, you were there when I cut the cake."

"Just open the package, please." Sakamoto told the confused Luca, "It's a gift for your good work."
Luca blinked incredulously, paused then began to open the package.
"Sakamoto? What are you playing at?" Luca scowled as he pulled the contents of the package out, a Red-Panelled Yamataian army uniform, "If you're going to tell me about your army heydays again, count me out."

"I enlisted you to the Army!"

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Luca's voice boomed through the corridors. The post office stopped for a moment whilst John's head peeked into the office.

"You're a soldier now! Be proud!"
John gasped, Luca heard this and turned around, then John disappeared from sight, probably to the backroom.

"For fucks sake Sakamoto!! I don't want you to impose your broken army dreams on me!" Luca slammed his hands against the table, putting a dent in it, "I was interested in your army stories about how you drank 21 beers at once and dispatched 30 Mishhu at once only the first time! But now you need to go and throw me into your stories?! You're fucking sick in the head!!"
Luca slammed his hands against the table again, this time a large crack appeared in the middle.

Out of the blue, two Neko soldiers, in white panelled uniform entered the office, one had a clipboard in her hands.
"Is this the newly enlisted?" One asked the Employer.
The hairs on the back of Luca's neck stood upright, he turned around to see the soldiers. He fell backwards onto the desk, which collapsed under his weight and fright.

"Yes it is. Take 'im away." Sakamoto told them calmly.
"Yes sir. Come here, clumsy boy." One offered a hand to pick him up.
"No! I'm not ready ye--"
The Neko thrust her hand at Luca's arm and lifted him up almost effortlessly. He was quite surprised by this.
"Take your gear and follow us, or we'll have to do things the hard way."
Luca just nodded, a sweat run down his face as he lifted up his new uniform and pocketed the envelope.
"That's a good boy..." One of the Nekos said with a smile, "We've heard quite a bit about you, Sakamoto thought you were prime army material."

Luca couldn't possibly be army material ... could he? He began to contemplate as he he was hauled into a van with his new uniform. While he was being driven to the Military district, he decided to open up the envelope. A 3rd fleet Santo-Hei rank pin fell out and landed in his lap.
Sol_x3_tiny.gif

The message in the envelope told him about how he had managed to score top marks in a survey he never took, did things he'd only dream of and how he was exempt from undertaking training because he apparently had knowledge that he couldn't even consider.

"Damn you, Sakamoto... damn you to hell." Luca just laid back, muttering incoherently.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back