• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network [Luca] - The World is just Awesome

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Today I decided to sit on top of a skyscraper in Yamatai's business district. Why? Because I could.

I decided to climb up the tallest one I could find from the ground. As I climbed up one, I realised that there are taller buildings still in this cityscape, and as I jumped between them, and through the air looking down onto the streets, and all of the people and their transportations, it dawned upon me how insignificant I was.

Even though the stars can practically live and die at our beck and call, even though we have made Space into a highway, even though the world in all its infiniteness has been pulled, plucked, catalogued and comprehended, I was still one lone, massively insignificant individual, out of billions of trillions.

Once I reached Yamatai's highest artificial point above land, I just sat down to watch the evening sun fall under the horizon as life went on beneath me. I sat and watched the stars twinkle that evening, saying "Yeah, I've been there" without uncertainty.

And I remained there all evening watching the stars, and I became so absorbed in it that I ignored the wind, my hunger and my fatigue. Even a Samurai sat with me, after finding herself unable to peturb my meditation. Together we watched the sun rise for over an hour, watching the first rays hit my face. That star was 150 million miles away or something, and the light would've taken at least a few minutes to reach my face.

And I still felt insignificant, but if I were anything greater, I might not have been able to appreciate this display.

And now I'm really itching for breakfast...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back