• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

M1 AIR-R Storm Assault Power Armor

Fian

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:storm

:D

The previous AIR2 article is very unfriendly thus it would be nice if this one replaces any instances where an AIR2 would be used. However the new Plan-R suits (Starting with this one) will not be standard issue for the new SMoDIN, but will be available to nostalgic oldfags or as a 'not-top-of-the-range' PA to be supplied or traded to allied paramilitary groups or factions.

Do we have a Second Amendment on Power Armors?

Zero Point Energy capacitor battery
Explain what this is supposed to mean.

Combined Shield System CPS-04
The CPS is a combination energy, replusion and distortion field. Repulsion and distortion serves to blunt energy and kenetic based damage or to outright block Scalar based attacks. Damage that gets through will weaken the energy shield. As this shield weakens it will not be able to fully absorb incoming attacks and some may get through to deal armor damage. Not made for sustained firefights, the Storm's CPS is the weakest of the Plan-R suits, and can only absorb a minimal amount of PA-based damage before succumbing. An upside however is that due to its small endurance, regenerating the shield bubble is a breeze and only takes under 10 seconds to perform provided no additional damage is taken.

Damage Rating Value: ?
Needs DR.

Subspace Lense Sensors SLS-01R
All Plan-R suits carry the same sensor system in the same location. Inbuilt into both shoulders, the SLS has two operating modes. In passive mode, the SLS receives sensory data in a wide spectrum and through low key LADAR/RADAR. However this is limited to line-of-sight and those outside the LoS are in low resolution. In active mode the Subspace Lenses locks onto a target, furiously emitting high intensity Subspace pulses that return a high resolution scan on the target, the drawback being that the Plan-R suit becomes instantly detected. The SLS system is also responsible for communications, which it does through Radio, Laser and Subspace.
I like how you basically have only one sensor system on here, and it's a good one so it's all you really need. It's a nice change from submissions that try to shove a ton of starship sensors in a standard issue armor.

Noisemaker Device NOD-03R
The NAM “Noisemaker” excels at jamming passive sensors by constantly emitting random signals of all types and frequencies. This affects any non-subspace system within 25 meters of the suit, but any sensor system beyond this range will detect the Power Armor like a candle in the dark. Best activated only when necessary.
Finally an ECM system that's believable.

Just needed a fancy name for a short term power supply, nevermind, removed the term ZPE and left it as 'Capacitor Battery'.

DR for shields is at the top of the page, (3 threshold 1), removed the last line in the CPS section.

Replaced 'Candle in the dark' with 'easily detected'.

Stuffed starship grade sensors in the shoulders.
Kidding about the last one.

Come on, mods.

Wes, you recently approved a string of Yamataian kit.
Do your job and be here when people need you.

I'm sorry if that sounds offensive but your behavior is biased with a slant towards cats and pocky, being more of an otaku than a scifi buff from what I can tell, so it's only natural.

And yes, I know life can be busy, but you just approved like a whole bunch of stuff and left everyone else here hoping. That's kind of cruel.

Approved, although not because of OsakanOne's nagging post.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back