• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

M10 Dragoon Frame

Cora said:
Take That's fail Five.

Learn to not fail please.

Also 16 hard points = cumbersome. tones them down.

I would appreciate it if someone who knew anything about tech would comment, and not just trolls?

Chris, better grab your platters cause you just got served!

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that we should keep the MCAS armor sized. If we want to make a bigger modular mecha system, that should be a separate thing.

Wes said:

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that we should keep the MCAS armor sized. If we want to make a bigger modular mecha system, that should be a separate thing.

That was not a serving Wes. a Serving require wit, and as you just say, Five has none.

Cora said:
Wes said:

That was not a serving Wes. a Serving require wit, and as you just say, Five has none.

I believe someone is jealous of the total thrashing they just got, and are trying to cover it up with trying to act like they are so so better than us. Like the wanna be aristocrat they are.

Anyway, wes, I've changed it around a little. Well, a lot.

keep the snide comments out of the tech forum, this is about the technology, not how much we hate each other.

An intelligent summary of subject "M10 Dragoon core".

You seem unsure about just what it is you have outlined here.
Immediately, I believed core was torso or "primary bulk", since you've also outlined arms parts.

While anti-armor, no work has been made which outline just what makes it an effective anti-armor unit or how it is optimized for boarding and special operations.

The VAW needs outlining properly and must be approved as a separate weapon.

There is no mention of systems redundancy, nor why this is a "direct rival" to the Winter as you have passively inferred it to be:

• The primary function of the Winter is to be a larger platform, bridging the gap between heavy armor and fighter. Most of the work in keeping it mobile is smart high performance fighter-level propulsion, resource management, a variable frame and the immense amount of work involved in solving subtle engineering problems.

While this means it took longer develop and may be harder to repair, the benefits are worth the work.

Since the two unit classes (fighters/space-armor) are so alike in terms of parts, it was quite easy to do but the Winter remains a frame (a sub-class of armor) by classification.

I think it would be good to get both Nyton and Fred's thoughts about this. If I recall correctly the VAW was created to solve a problem aboard the Miharu, and during the time that it was being made it was (and still could be) quite controversial. This ability is quite similar to the NH-17 and NH-27 nekos external hemosynthesis, more specifically it's ability to use it as a weapon. That is one reason the 17s were phased out (ooc reasons, not ic ones), and probably a reason that 27s are rarely played as well (being restricted). Another ability similar to this was the ability to manipulate plasma, from the Phalanx (might have been Super Phalanx).

All of those abilities have been deemed 'overpowered', and there was actually quite a discussion on this back when Nyton was trying to create weapons for the DAISY to fight the Black Mindies. All in all, I think he created it to be used on the Miharu only (with the purpose to fight the black mindies), as that is the case I'm not sure that it should be added to this. But we should ask Nyton, since it is his creation, about his intentions concerning future use.

Also: If it is available, I'm pretty sure the VAW would only be available to those in SAINT right now....since the Miharu is a SAINT vessel (though it could be declassified).

Yoroko is right. The VAW was never really shared with the rest of KFY after it was created. Like the yamataium vest Yukari had done, it is homegrown.

It could be at a later time, but not for the moment. But until then, it really can't show up in this submission.

Nice to see my VAW has not been forgotten. I look forward to writing it into action soon. However it is as has been stated. Nyton restricted the VAW from KFY usage citing "further testing required" to prevent widespread use. Later on it should be available but for now it is still IC restricted. For now you will just have to remove it from your frame.

OsakanOne said:
An intelligent summary of subject "M10 Dragoon core".

You seem unsure about just what it is you have outlined here.
Immediately, I believed core was torso or "primary bulk", since you've also outlined arms parts.

While anti-armor, no work has been made which outline just what makes it an effective anti-armor unit or how it is optimized for boarding and special operations.

The VAW needs outlining properly and must be approved as a separate weapon.

There is no mention of systems redundancy, nor why this is a "direct rival" to the Winter as you have passively inferred it to be:

• The primary function of the Winter is to be a larger platform, bridging the gap between heavy armor and fighter. Most of the work in keeping it mobile is smart high performance fighter-level propulsion, resource management, a variable frame and the immense amount of work involved in solving subtle engineering problems.

While this means it took longer develop and may be harder to repair, the benefits are worth the work.

Since the two unit classes (fighters/space-armor) are so alike in terms of parts, it was quite easy to do but the Winter remains a frame (a sub-class of armor) by classification.

I redid the entire thing, but forgot to edit the starting post.

I redid the entire thing, but forgot to edit the starting post.
Nothing has changed.

Edit:
Okay, you did change bits.

But as I said: Elaborate and fix it: While anti-armor, no work has been made which outline just what makes it an effective anti-armor unit or how it is optimized for boarding and special operations.

All I want is an explanation as to how it meets its roles. What makes it good at what it does?

What the fuck? We already said it's not Anti-Armor, dammit

What part of "Using Grapplers to latch onto a ship's hull, then use plasma cutters to burn through" Do You not understand?

The part where you needed to say that in plain english out in the open so people could understand that.

Thank you for finally explaining.

What I would have written... said:
A new core unit for the Modular Combat Armor System, the Dragoon is constructed from Durandium. The Dragoon core specializes in ship-to-ship boarding and infiltration operations, using it's wire anchors and plasma torches to latch onto, close in and slice into the bowels of an enemy starship.

At such proximity, most starships lack proximity weapons to defend themselves, only armor or other units posing a threat.To assure that even at high speeds the body itself does not rip from the wire, it is especially treated with durandium. The wire anchors themselves are constructed from especially treated yarvex wire and are rocket propelled from compartments in the chest. The hooks are re-usable and their usage is not limited to boarding.

A Yama-Dura alloy shield (SP8) upon it's left fore-arm grants the Dragoon defense while cutting, which can be ejected once the incision has been made, and then bolted over the opening to assure enemy units do not follow it inside.

The Dragoon is remarkably adaptable, both technically and aesthetically and can be tailored for a large number of roles.

OsakanOne said:
The part where you needed to say that in plain english out in the open so people could understand that.

Thank you for finally explaining.

What I would have written... said:
A new core unit for the Modular Combat Armor System, the Dragoon is constructed from Durandium. The Dragoon core specializes in ship-to-ship boarding and infiltration operations, using it's wire anchors and plasma torches to latch onto, close in and slice into the bowels of an enemy starship.

At such proximity, most starships lack proximity weapons to defend themselves, only armor or other units posing a threat.To assure that even at high speeds the body itself does not rip from the wire, it is especially treated with durandium. The wire anchors themselves are constructed from especially treated yarvex wire and are rocket propelled from compartments in the chest. The hooks are re-usable and their usage is not limited to boarding.

A Yama-Dura alloy shield (SP8) upon it's left fore-arm grants the Dragoon defense while cutting, which can be ejected once the incision has been made, and then bolted over the opening to assure enemy units do not follow it inside.

The Dragoon is remarkably adaptable, both technically and aesthetically and can be tailored for a large number of roles.

I want to use that, with some minor changes. You're better at elaborating on stuff than I am.

Hey man, go for it. We're all here to help, remember?

It still looks a little muddly but it's eloquent and efficient. It's not like I copyright it or some shit, right? :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back