• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

male neko?

jlko27199016

Inactive Member
hey, just wanted peoples opinions on the possiblityof a male neko. he would have been part of a factory problem or greatly changed as a youngling. the one thing i am sure about is that he would be very social impared because of his gender.

if this is a bad idea tell me. or fell free to give other forms of suggestion

Male nekos are possible in the setting but they are quite rare. At this very moment there is only 1 in existence in the setting.

They'd have to be a special order thing (as the one was) or an NH-X Twin (phased out because people like not losing their identity to their partner). Most commonly, the only male "nekos" per say are the NH-22C- the Yamataians.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yamataian_species

Now, if you'd like, it might be more awkward if you had a male personality implanted into a female body- you could deal with the social adjustments that way instead. *shrugs* But honestly, I don't think a "male" neko would really be treated abnormally.

This brings upon the question again.

Why can't a Male Neko be created? A latest Model male, not just the Minkans. What is the major issue with this idea? Someone might like a Catboy or something IDK. I know Female ID-SOL's are out of the picture because of the Super Y but Idon't believe Neko's have the same problem.

I understand the site comes from an era of anime where "Cute Cat Girls in Space" is all the rage but maintaining the idea all the way into now? Could a new model of Neko be made to accommodate a male body? Someone who wants to join the Yamatai Military and would be transferred to a Neko Body has no right to maintain their gender? I'm confused.

I've seen the phrase 'Nekos are effectively genderless' come up a few times today, so I think the answer is that there would be no point in creating a male one (just like there's no point in creating one that's explicitly, rather than implicitly, female.) Male Nekos do exist, even if they weren't male originally. They're just very rare; there's probably only a few hundred of them in the Star Army, from what I've heard.

We do have male neko. If they're not created, it just seems they need to become it if they want. Overall, it's more or less the argument of a female ID-SOL: they could do so via drugs and such, but it's not a concern to produce them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back