Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[MAN] - The Lorath's New Home

DocTomoe:

[MAN] - Live from Nyli III

A soft male voice played over the transmission, which was currently the Lorath Matriarchy's logo being broadcast as a still image. "Now, we bring you live from Nyli III, the Xiaah's colonization speech and footage"

Matriarchy Associated Network Feed wrote:

Harr’Ikke nodded lightly and stood with the aid of her brother, making her way to the podium. Her heart was racing somewhat, but outside no one would think she was nervous. Peering around somewhat to take everything in, she let out a sigh before she began. “Greetings to all, from the Lorath watching, to those within the fifth fleet, and even those from other fleets that may be watching. Today is a day for history for the Lorath. Again we have been exiled, but again we have made a new home. Thanks to the Fifth fleet and their tireless efforts, the we have survived our exodus, and we have arrived at our new home. “ Harr’Ikke seemed a little winded as she spoke, leaning on the podium now. “For this, we have Taisho Katsuko to thank, along with her advisors who stood behind her in her decision.”

She gave the crowd a sweep of her eyes, she assessed them before moving on. “Already we have begun our operation to begin to transform this planet into a new home, a new Lor for us. With their continued aid, we will begin to shape and form this planet to remind us of home, yet at the same time we will make sure to forge ahead, not only in our own self interest, but in working together with the fifth fleet and the Star Army as well. To this end more and more Yamatians will work beside us, as well as more and more Lorath working beside them. We are in the present now, not the past, we must look to forge our friendship with our allies even stronger if we are to get stronger ourselves.” Again she paused, allowing the words to sink in before she continued onward. “But for now, we focus on what is in front of us, which is a new planet ready to be settled. For a while yes, things may be tough. We must work like never before to secure our new home well enough to become comfortable. But for this, we will need effort from every single person, from the youngest Fyunnen, to the oldest Helashio. We must secure ourselves before we can secure others.” Destiny took a moment to sigh and look down at her stomach, placing a hand over the bulge. It was a few more moments before she spoke again. “Many of you know that I am with child, but fewer know how soon they are due. It is my hope that when they are due, I shall have my nest here, on our new home, so that their first sight will not be the confines of a space ship, but the wide open beautifully blue skies of our new home.
“Had I the strength, I would be beside you all, aiding our efforts to bring about our new home faster, but for now I am weighed with our new generation, my children which will carry on my name and my position, but more importantly, who will carry on m-...who will carry on our dreams.”

Destiny smiled as she ended her speech, looking around to see how it would be received.

The individuals which sat behind the two house leaders made a steady and heartfelt applause, metal gauntlet clad gloves of attending Fyunnen rang out, as the soft applause of the bare handed New-Tur'lista accompanied them.

The few Lmanel that had managed to make it there also rang out with the applause, if tuned out by the Fyunnen gauntlets.

“As such, to begin settling in as soon as possible, I hereby order the landing of all ships, and to begin in full force the building of our new planet.” Harr’Ikke said aloud.

With the Xiaah's words, 100,000 Kyoto-Class carriers, thousands of various Lorath ships of various design, sixty one Byakko carriers, and one Antaeus Battleship prepared to, or began their decent to the surface of Nyli III, where they would make their new home.

Going along with the LSDF's promotional plans, a Kyoto-Class and a Byakko made their decent near the #62 Byakko where the speech was being transmitted from. The resulting fly-by was caught by the broadcast camera for dramatic effect.

Harr’Ikke watched the display with a smile. “I bid us all good luck, now and in the future. May we once again become settled in, and once again soar the skies as we were meant to.” With that, Harr’Ikke gave the crowd a bow before looking to her brother for aid.

Velor quickly stood and gave his hand to his sister to aid her to a nearby seat. The podium was left open for additional speeches, but the broadcast networking was reduced to the Matriarchy Associated Network which provided the news to the Lorath. The big presentation was over, and now the house leaders would speak.

"That concludes our inter-network broadcast." The soft male's voice announced before the special transmission ceased.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back