Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[MAN] The Yamataian Throne

This is a broadcast confined to Yugumo Cluster viewers, and lacks the coding or signal strength to properly be sent beyond the cluster.

Lorath Matriarchy Network, morning broadcast, segment #04 - News from the central planets of the Yamataian Empire has reached our ears this fine day. The news is that the Emperor Uesu will be stepping down from the throne, and will be replaced by the female, Princess Ketsurui Himiko. The Matriarchy welcomes this news with open arms and watchful eyes, with hopes that the Princess will be able to deliver a better performance than the Emperor before her.

Interviews conducted after the news from Yamatai reached Nyli revealed a rather shared opinion on the matter.

High Priest Velor 'Tomoe' Tur'Lista said:
"It is my personal opinion that this change may serve to better our relations with the Yamataians of the central planets. I say this as I consider the impact of the Emperor's rule, which apparently resulted in our people being bullied, and the loss of a sizable chunk of their Empire. My only regret is that he was unable to remain in power to see the products of our shipyards, I have my word to uphold."

Hi'na "Cudgel" Fyunnen said:
"I can only hope that the new leader of the Empire drives them to victory sometime soon. Their enemy is a fierce one, and I feel that my job will become quite taxing if we must fight the whole war for them. May the Goddess bless Himiko, and guide her to a swift victory."

Jil'niah "Paw" Lmanel said:
"I know that with a female's will behind the throne, the Goddess will guide the Yamataians to a prosperity and peace which they require to cleanse their souls. May the blood of the enemies of our peoples flow swiftly at Himiko's command, and may the Yamataian people find salvation by the will of the Goddess and their new ruler."

N'leh "Spark" New Tur'lista said:
"Judging by the information gathered since our incorporation into the Empire, it is my strong opinion that while the Empire was under a female's rule, they often had greater periods of expansion and development. Due to my research's findings, I feel that a true member of the Ketsururi clan, a female one at that, would be capable of leading the Empire with ease. Additionally, there is a strong feminine bond within the Yamataian Empire, this may allow for the senate and other groups within the Empire to come to terms due to the high female population in the higher ranks of the Empire's decision-making positions. May the Goddess bless Himiko, and guide her to evade the mistakes of the Emperor before her, which was apparently guided by the Fallen Man-God."

And finally, our Xiaah's words on the matter;

Harr'Ikke 'Destiny' Tur'lista said:
"While it is regrettable that such a knowledgeable man should step down amidst the war, perhaps Himiko-hime will have the will to press the war a little further. With Uesu's teachings and hopefully Yui's words in her ears, Himiko should quickly bring about the fall of the Mishhu so we may all rest easier at night. The prayers of the Lorath are with the princess, may she be guided by the light of the Goddess." Turning to the side to walk from the interview, the words. "About time a woman came to power...Only right we lead..." could be heard.

Our hearts, our minds, and our souls go out to Himiko, and may our blessings bring the Goddess' will to the new Empress, who may bring salvation to the Yamataian people.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back