• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Mark II Combat Drone

First, so you are aware, at 900G it is going to take a looonnnggg time for it to reach .35c (never mind .9c). 3 hours, 31 minutes to be precise. To achieve this Delta-V it will also travel farther than its stated range, covering 4.15 AU during the boost. Note that this is using the "boost" accelerations. It would take much longer at its 'cruising' speeds.

Second, for a vehicle this small having 4 SDR 2 lasers seems very, very powerful to me.

Believe me, I know it would take a long time. Part of me tells me I should remove the Acceleration of all my wiki entries since no one else actually uses acceleration at all while another part says I should up the acceleration to be more realistic with the velocities.

The 4 Gatling Lasers are a part of the actual design of the drone itself. I can change the wiki information, but I'd also have to go back into my design and physically remove them as well to be consistent.

Perhaps just reduce them to SDR 1? Given the drone's size, those would be pretty powerful weapons already.

Already edited both image and wiki from four guns to two. Besides...Gatling Lasers are meant to be anti-fighter weaponry, reducing them to 1 SDR would kinda be making an entirely different weapon at that point.

Fighters are almost all Armor-level vessels, equipped with Armor-level weaponry (i.e. ADR5/SDR1 or less), excepting the expendable ordinance on some (torpedoes, mines, etc.).

Grah...triple post, but I just want to note that I would like the Mark II Combat drone approved before the Bulwark since it is needed for both the station and Scot's plotship.

IMO, ADR 2 to 4 would be the appropriate damage for guns on a fighter drone.

Vehicle Complement section and Inside the Ship section should be removed (it's not a starship).

The only other thing that bothers me is the art. It has engines pointing up and down, but none actually to the rear.

To make it a bit better, I replaced the Gatling Lasers with a couple of 20mm Gatling Railguns (Drachenhauchs) since the DR of its ammunition is more what you are looking for.

As for the model, the up and down style of the space engines would work in vacuum the way they are. Since the drone doesn't have to worry about atmospheric friction and the fact that you can shut off one of them to angle up or down fairly quickly.

As explained in the article, the atmospheric engines are hidden by cowlings so they won't interfere in space operations. Unfortunately, I couldn't find parts to better simulate that in my library before so I mostly keep it this way because I've yet to find a delete icon for wiki images.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back