• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Maser Rifle

I have some objections to this, but I don't have time to list them out as of this posting. Has to do with DR.

I'll come back later when I have more time.

SDR 2?

Umm, you're putting a starship based weapon on a small suit piloted by a person. I'm sorry but in this case I have to disagree. This weapon can, if I'm interpreting it right, take out small ships just by itself.

I would just like to point out that Aether Beam Saber rifle is gun mindy can handle and does SDR1.

In general, starship-scale weapons do not belong on armor-scale vehicles.

SDR 1 = ADR 5, the maximum on the armor weapon scale
SDR 2 = ADR 10, twice the maximum

Aye.

Also Ira, can you put the rifles dimensions in please? Also, no drawbacks?

And Ira, please explain to me how the Garts have such a high powered weapon when they are rather new? (Approval/Activity Wise)

For Yamatai, it makes SENSE for them to have the Aether Rifle because they've been around (Approval/Activity wise) longer.

I know you want to give your race an edge in this war, something to help them fight against the NMX or any other enemies. But seriously, this weapon is OP'd right now given the reasons I listed.

This submission is: pending

I reduced the DR to SDR 1

I never saw any clarification in the rules about SDR weapons not being allowed on armor rated vehicles but if Wes says it, it is gold.

As far as this being hyper advanced, this weapon was developed in YE 33. Says so on the wiki

Given the changes, I am satisfied with this.

I will go ahead and approve this

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…