• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Mecha Calvary MOS

ajax228

Inactive Member
Demi had given me permission to finish it for him but to me it looks good so im posting it here for review and if it needs more work i will do my best with the feedback.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fixed a few grammatical errors on my way past.

Now let's get started. Just a couple of things really:

1. More wikification from the section Communication down. (Lots of things can be interlinked with other articles)
  2. I think the playing section needs a bit more fleshing out, giving players a better idea of what in general to expect and be prepared to offer.
Overall, great job, Let's just get some of the above resolved and we can move to the checklist.

I'd love to see that fleshed out as well, from the perspective of a player who might eventually play one of these I'm curious what differentiates a mecha cavalryman from a fighter pilot, how the jobs they do differ, etc.

I'd love to see that fleshed out as well, from the perspective of a player who might eventually play one of these I'm curious what differentiates a mecha cavalryman from a fighter pilot, how the jobs they do differ, etc.
Maybe some stuff about combined arms or supporting power armored infantry.
Also things about working along side other Mechs such as field repairs and vehicle recovery. (or using your mech to recover other types of vehicles) Also, something @HarperMadi and I have been talking about: using mecha to help build fortifications for infantry such as trenches.

In that case talk about the mecha used. For example digging and building they use the m11 CAMIE. Fightan uses the Ryoko, fancy people use the kirie whatev

1. More wikification from the section Communication down. (Lots of things can be interlinked with other articles)
  2. I think the playing section needs a bit more fleshing out, giving players a better idea of what in general to expect and be prepared to offer.
Overall, great job, Let's just get some of the above resolved and we can move to the checklist.
what are some things you want to see in the playing section?

@HarperMadi and I have been talking about: using mecha to help build fortifications for infantry such as trenches.
Yeah, equip a pair of those same punching blades from the Rev III and now you have a combat backhoe that can rip and tear to make Doom Guy proud. And you have entrenched infantry for support.

Yeah, equip a pair of those same punching blades from the Rev III and now you have a combat backhoe that can rip and tear to make Doom Guy proud. And you have entrenched infantry for support.
I figure even just a mech with regular mech hands could get a pretty solid trench going pretty quickly

what are some things you want to see in the playing section?
I think this is more just stuff that's overlooked in a lot of things about Mechs and other cool scifi tech but the boring stuff like field maintenance
(Kinda want to make a vehicle recovery manual.. I've got an actual US Army one saved somewhere)

that raises the question would they use the Kiries and Keikos im inclined to think not or at least not at this time.

Check out pin number 2 and give me your thoughts so far.

I will take another look at this shortly. :)

@Yuuki Kirie and Keiko are from a period where Mecha weren't prioritized by the Army, and were 'as close to a Power Armor as a Mecha could become'. That being said, there are differences in use and training. Though a pilot that has been trained in a Mindy can make a Kirie/Keiko move to a sufficient degree to fight, the Kirie/Keiko isn't as constrained to humanoid form and range of motion as PA due to the joint systems. Though the relative range of motion between the Kirie/Keiko and the Ryoko isn't known, it is still the case that the sensory, electronic, and control systems are largely common between them. As such, it is best to group the Kirie/Keiko with Mecha from a training perspective while noting that they overlap with Power Armor from a deployment perspective. Added training for building infiltration is also required because their larger size but ability to depart humanoid form to perform improved navigation maneuvers results in a rather different set of skills from Mindies and a completely missing set from the Ryokos.

It should also be noted that a Mindy-scale Mini-Neko THOUGHT Armor is also something I have wanted to see for a long time, something that carries all the properties of a Mecha in terms of operation and training. There are a number of benefits to such a system that are not immediately obvious but allow for a niche to form when combined. I suspect that such a unit would join the Kirie/Keiko in an 'intermediate' niche of Mecha that, while sometimes fielded like Power Armor, would borrow heavily from Mecha training doctrine. As such, this future possibility should also be considered when structuring this program.

My opinion is that Kirie and Keiko should be considered mecha, more for their training requirements than size, but that their deployment will almost surely overlap with Power Armor doctrine...and a Mini-Neko mecha would be even more so. As such, some interaction between the groups should be expected and accounted for.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back