• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Mecha Thread

Here is a test picture and design for a mech unit. Not shure what to call it yet. it was heavily inspired by old macross style designs and patlabor style mechs. What do you think?

I would LOVE to see you draw a Bringer of Thunder ^_^ I think it loos great btw.

On a side note...poor Osaka...

The only flaw I really picked up on is that one leg looks longer than the other. You see, the waist is at an angle and one leg is stretched so it sits next to the other, when it should be further up due to the perspective.

Wes has a point on the proportions, but the design still looks fantastic. You planning on doing any more? =p

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes i am working on a second drawing too, it's a "Bringer of thunder" mech.

I am not too keen on the anatomy of a machine but the idea was to show the legs at different angles as if it were stepping out slightly. Hey it's my first real robot.

it was a fun experiment and i like the way the BoT looks that i am drawing now

Jo, I don't have a mecha fetish, I've told you.

The balance on the body is awkward, especially with the round torso and the arms being placed so low.

I'm kind of jealous, seeing as I try to draw mecha on a regular basis but can't visualize anything in 3D space.

Erm... I don't want to be a Robert Liefield but do you think it would be good practice to trace from mecha anime, drawing the skeleton first and hope my brain eventually "picks up" good habits and learns how to do this?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…