• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Media] - Luca's Bumper Music Quadpack

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
Submission Type: Consumer Media/Music
Submission URL: Multiple Items:
Faction: None/Civilian
FM Approved Yet? Yes, Myself? I have a soft spot for the civvy/entertainment media side of SARP
Faction requires art? Would you like me to make like the Earbrickers and break out a spectrogram?

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, need to make Aoi Tanaka's article. (Will create in a second quad-pack of new music releases.)
Contains New art? No.
Previously Submitted? No.

Notes:
I have had this rolling around in my head and stuck in the "To Do" list for a bit. Its music and entertainment, and I figure soldiers should be able to listen to during their time off, and civilians can groove to. After this pack gets approved, I'll begin working on the next 'Quad Pack', with new and exciting bands:
  • Aoi Tanaka - Think of prolific composer Yoko Kanno and strange Icelandic thing Björk, struck by the wanderlust to find new styles of music and collaborate with them. Yamataian composer with a big band by her side, who works on animes, games, TV shows, and for herself.
  • Dyna - A mixed-race equivalent of The Blue Man Group. Improvised instruments, enigmatic style often very dynamic and sometimes amusing performances. Bring a raincoat, or one will be provided for you.
  • High Velocity Parasitic Love - Sludge/Stoner/Southern Metal from the Mishhuvurthyar. Hey, did you think those tentacles were only good for the cats? They can shred out a mean, polyphonic riff. Banned in Tokyo!
  • Take the Lead - With 'lead' pronounced as the metal used in bullets, rather than 'to lead', this Nepleslian Marine Hip-Hop outfit consists of Marines who coped with the horrors of their wars by rapping it out. (Think Death Grips)
All items for submission have been made reference to in Roleplay in passing and directly by characters in either of the ISC Phoenix volumes, the LSDF Akahar, or the LSDF Val'ta.

Also I may be attempting to inflict my musical tastes on people. Hopefully other plots can find themselves listening to this, and other music too.

Edit: I really shouldn't have waited on submitting these. :(

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
PS: I started writing the bones of Aoi Tanaka's article. It is not even close to ready for submission (that'll happen later), but hopefully you get the core ideas.

I am highly impressed.

These are great culture articles. They imply much about Nepleslia and cultures beyond, but they do their best job detailing the music, the bandmembers and the styles of music. The "in the style of" RL references to actual musical acts helps. And how CharLuca ties in as well!

All the dates, history and backstory meet up with the submission guidelines.

This collection of related submissions is approved for IC usage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back