• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Meeting of Titans, Hanako and Alastair

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE45.8
RP Location
Kumo no Kagayaki Station
Kumo no Kagayaki Station

Taisho Ketsurui Hanako borrowed an office from one of the staff at the Star Army Recruiting Center in Zone 3 of Kumo no Kagayaki Station, ready to hold meetings while she was visiting the huge new space station. As the Imperial Premier of Yamatai, she had a small entourage with her crowded up the recruiting center a little, including her yeoman Honoria. The Taisho was a small-framed woman with big golden eyes and bright aqua hair that become purple at the tips. She was dressed in a Type 35 Duty Uniform with her extensive medal ribbons adding a splash of color.

This was an exciting time for Alastair. It had been a few minutes since the last time he got the chance to have a one on one with Hanako. Granted this was to be expected since both were very busy with the missions at hand. Plus when you ran such a tight ship as his there was ever any real reason to have in depth meetings with high command. They just point and he'd figure out how to climb the hill. It was how he liked it and it seemed to suit command well. For the event Alastair was in his full formal uniform. His long long white hair ending in black was tied up and lay over his sholuder. He paused for a moment and huffed into the palm of his hand. He then took out some mint mouth spray and gave it a few taps. While he picture this being fairly laid back, he none the less wanted to impress. As an added bonus, he wore the sword he had won from the second chance.

He approached the area he was instructed to meet her at. He figured this was the place given the extra bodies that seemed to be just hanging out. "Hello, I am here to meet Taisho Hanako. Captain Alastair Belmont, reporting." He said with his chin held high.

"Right this way, sir," Honoria said, bringing Alastair to her boss. "Captain Alastair Belmont," she introduced him to Taisho Hanako. "Presenting Taisho Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako, Director of Star Army Personnel and Imperial Premier of Yamatai."

He took a step forward with the biggest smile he could put on his face. "Pleasure as always Taisho Hanako. Anytime you are introduced I can not help but picture the need for some fireworks going off in the background." He then gave a full bow towards her.

Hanako stood from her desk and returned the bow. "Oh, have we met before?" she asked, trying to remember for a moment.

At first Alastair was taken back at her comment. Then even if they had met it would had been ages ago so could be nothing but a distant memory now. "I do believe this would be a first face to face. Normally I am just one of the many faces out in the crowd. So shall we get down to the business at hand?"

"Yes, you requested a meeting over some discrepancy in your orders? Can you fill me in on your view of what happened?" Hanako inquired, sitting back in her seat behind the desk, while gesturing to another seat on the other side for Alastair to use.

Alastair gave a nod, followed by taking a seat. He then pulled out a data pad and started to read from it. "From what I can tell, the return order was not filled out completely. Leading to a case of being where I was meant to be but others thought differently. Mainly back on the station I was put in command of instead of the Koun." He then slid the data pad towards her.

"It sounds like you made an assumption," Hanako countered. "In any case, it looks like your orders have you back on the YSS Koun now so we can leave it in the past. Is everything in order now?" she asked him.

"Things are back in order and have been running without issue." He then paused and considered how to phrase this next part. "And you are correct, at least mostly. The first three letters in fact led to the error." He then reached up and rubbed the bridge of his nose for a moment. He recalled the late night with his consort that started this entire thing. Such is how things go in the day to day life of Alastair.

"How is your crew doing?" Hanako asked.

Alastair thought for a moment before giving an answer. "They seem to be enjoying life on the Koun. My navigator is going to town taking classes and trying new things. Sacre has been making ground breaking advances. Also have some new blood who seem to be getting along well." Overall he was proud of his crew. "How about on your end, how goes the war effort?" He asked of Hanako.

"Frankly, the Star Army needs more leaders. We have capable people, millions of soldiers, plenty of ships and shipyards, but we are struggling to produce enough good captains to go out there and command. It is not a job that can be taken lightly. Furthermore our enemy is just as sinister as we remember and is actively working on turning unexplored star systems into ambush sites and death traps. We should be cautious," Hanako told Alastair. "I had another question as well. I have gotten concerning reports about this 'Belmont compound' and I'd like you to tell me about it."

"I wish there was more I could do to produce more captains. Though my sister has recently graduated so maybe in the near future she will be joining captainship." He said with the biggest of grins.

He then tipped his head to one side when asked about his home. He was now curious the interest but after hearing there was concerning reports told him all I needed to know. "I am not sure what all you'd like to know. It is my home and also the family business." He then paused for a moment before adding more. "Regarding the reports I can not really speak on those. I'd picture it is just a misunderstand given that we do bring in many walks of life from all around our sector. Mostly giving aid to those in need and a place to stay."

"The head of the Star Army military police seemed to think there were illegal weapons stockpiles and possible slavery and sexual exploitation there for some reason," Hanako told him. "The implication was that it was a place to collect people and hold them there for profit. If there is any truth to that, I do not want to associate the Star Army of Yamatai with it," she said.

Alastair let out a small sigh. "You got me, we put a weapons and sex ring..." He stopped himself before getting too cocky with command. "Completely untrue, those employed are free to come and go as they see fit. In fact my own ship has people who I once saved who have now joined Star Army." He then lifted one leg and crossed it over the other. "If we are guilty of anything, it is not being able to help enough. In fact, if you'd so desire, I'd personally invite you to come see for yourself."

"I am afraid I am required elsewhere for the foreseeable future, although I appreciate the offer. Perhaps someday. Well then...it seems all is settled. Unless there is anything else, I will leave you to it and get back to the event. Thank you for coming."

Alastair took a moment then stood. "I shall ask at a later date when we are not dealing with Mishhu related problems. It was a great honor to speak with you." He then gave her a solute and started to turn then paused. "And I shall look into providing you with more captains. I am sure I can come up with something." A grin filled his face.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back