• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: UOC Government Message from the Freespacers

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
🌟 Site Supporter
Retired Staff
Tio brought the communication up on the volumetric screen for discussion.

Shinichi sighed before he spoke. "Halna was a massacre." Shinichi said solemnly before continuing. "If there are survivors that are prisoners of Yamatai I believe we should push for their release. Innocents are not prisoners of war, and war is what Yamatai declared upon the Freespacers. If this data is correct," Shinichi said as he glanced down at the polls taken in the UOC, "then our citizens also believe this. While I think this may be a reckless action on our part, it is an action that I believe must occur."

"Far too reckless, actually," Mr. Iga responded. "That is, unless we have the support of the Nepleslians on this."

He stretched at his seat and let out a yawn. It had been a long, long day.

"I think this is an atrocity as much as any freedom-loving individual would, but we are definitely not in the position to exert authority on our sister nation. Even with their wide-scale fleet reductions, they could crush us in the blink of an eye."

The man let out a small laugh, his eyes watering slightly.

"My friends, they're still singing our national anthem on the communications channels, and we're considering making demands on Yamatai? This "Codespinner Deneb Kaitos Schemali Nine-Nine 99-2257-72" or whatever... she?... calls herself is trying to tug at our heartstrings. She sees the opportunity to ask for our help, but she needs to be patient, too. I'd like to extend this suggestion to all of us present, who may or may not continue to be caught up in our patriotism. Not to be cynical, either, but how do we even know this 'petition' is real in the first place? A random letter, sent across our public networks... any person with a computer could do this.

The best course of action is to draft a letter of sympathy for the Freespacers and request, key word here, at least an explanation of Yamatai's position on this matter. I hesitate to pursue the matter further than that, if not only to prevent establishing a precedent that we impulsively act upon any document that hits our table."

"Mr. Iga you're logical as always. It was too brash of me to speak like I did. You are correct, we are in no position to demand anything from Yamatai, and the support of the Nepleslians would indeed be a great boon. I agree, a letter of sympathy, such as what you have described, in addition to requesting Yamatai's position on this matter is the best course of action at this point." Shinichi said.

"We know very little about the Freespacers and how they function as a community. It pains me that such a massacre occurred but yes, we have no leverage to start demanding anything from Yamatai. We still haven't re-established the exact nature of our relationship to Yamatai. It is wonderful to have compassion for others but first- we have to fortify our current positions and relationships with the other bodies of power in our universe in order to do these things. I would also like to have more data in my hand about who, and what the Freespacers are besides victims," Ayana said with a long sigh and frown.

"We can express our compassion for their situation but let's get some more information before we go blindly into a situation the endangers ourselves and those of people that support us."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…